About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Waiting on the Lord

Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out My Story to get to know me better or 
subscribe here.Welcome!


We know that when we have a desire in our hearts, all we need to do is present it to the Lord.  Our God is so good.  He will always hear our prayers, and then present to us His answer.  There is a well known quote that talks about this very point. 

He says yes & gives you what you want
He says no & gives you something better,
or He says wait & gives you the best

Now even though we know the third answer says, God will give us the best, the waiting part is the hardest.  This is when we can we can become the most discouraged.  

Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield.  For our heart is glad in Him, because we must trust in His holy name.  Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in you.  Psalm 33:20-22

This verse explains exactly how we can have a glad heart, during the waiting period.  It is only in Him, and it is all dependent on our attitudes.  The verse explains that we trust in His holy name.  
We can't give up hope even when it seems God is not there.  

"Remember silence does not mean absence." 

God often does the most in those times of silence.  In your waiting God is working, no matter if you see the results or not. Grow in your faith and trust in His promises.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  Proverbs 3:5

I am definitely personally familiar with the feelings you experience while waiting on the Lord.  I wait in anticipation for the day that my husband completely surrenders his heart and serves the Lord.  

Thankfully, after a few years of trial and error, God has taught me how to wait and simply trust in Him. In return He has given me a glad heart and a renewed vision for my marriage.  

Last Sunday my pastor preached on this specific topic.  I made sure to take notes because I know this is an on-going process. 

How To Wait On God:

1. Wait with the right heart-Have an attitude of expectancy  no matter what you may see. The enemy is a liar and he would love to plant a seed of doubt in your heart.

2. Continue to worship-Remember why we should worship Him.  Don't forget who He is and all He has done.  The deepest  place of worship is when we can have a true encounter with the Lord.

3. Wait with eyes wide open-Your eyes may be open but your 
spirit is blind.

Lord I pray that you are with us while we wait. Help us to completely trust in you.  Help us  to trust in You and Your word. We know that when we trust in You, that means we trust that you will give us what is best.


How do you stay faithful in your waiting?

Are there times when you experience doubt? 

4 comments:

  1. What a truthful post...the waiting is the hard part. Fortunately I have learned that in the waiting come the greatest reward...the upbuilding of my faith and trust that no matter what my greater good is always in His plans.

    Thanks so much for coming by and sharing with me at #828Blessings.I look forward to getting to know you and following your journey :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for allowing me to be part of #828Blessings. What we need to remember when we are waiting is that God is building us up. Most of the time we need to just ask God "Lord what do you want me to learn from this experience?" There is always a lesson to be learned in every trial. It's just up to us to find it. I read a quote online before that said, "The teacher is always silent during a test." That is the truth. I hope we can stay in contact. ~Sherri

      Delete
    2. Waiting may be hard, but I am learning that it is always worth the wait because that means He has something better in store and His timing is ALWAYS better than mine, whether I see it or not.

      Delete
    3. Hi Lauren thanks for visiting my blog. I totally agree with your comment. God has been teaching me the same lesson. I have learned that the more we trust Him the easier it gets. God is God and we are not, so we have to learn to let Him be in control. Be Blessed! ~Sherri

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...