About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

31 Day Challenge



Okay so I have decided to join the 31 Day Writing Challenge given by The Nester. The challenge consists of blogging on one topic for 31 days straight. This is definitely going to be a true challenge considering that I am a new blogger. I'm thinking what better way to get started then to take on a 31 Day Challenge. Now the first real challenge was figuring out what was going to be my topic. It had to be something good if I'm going to blog about it for 31 days. After much thought I decided what better topic than...wait for it.  Sharing God's Love!!! 

This is definitely something that God's been dealing with me about for a while, so I think putting it to a challenge can only make it more relevant in my life. I'm already coming up with small ideas of how to share God's love with the Hubby, my kids, family, friends, and most importantly strangers. That's the part that I will give extra attention to because sometimes it's so easy to share love with the ones we already love. Sharing the love of God with strangers or even...get this... our enemies that's truly what God's Word calls us to do.

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 
1 John 4:7-8

Now I haven't completely decided what sharing the Love of God will consist of, I do have just a few ideas, but that's the part I will be really praying on and letting the Lord lead, because only He can show His Love through me. 


I am excited about this challenge for so many reasons

  1. This is going to really help me be more consistent with posting to my blog.
  2. A challenge like this has to help me improve my writing skills.
  3. I just know God is going to show up in my life just as he always does.
  4. I am going to get the opportunity to share the Love of God with not only family, friends, strangers but those that don't even know Him. 
  5. God is going to use me to bless others and I will feel totally humbled, and blessed as well. 
So now that I am thinking about it even more, this is going to be an all around awesome challenge! Please join me and check back tomorrow October 1st when Day 1 of the series begins.



Click here to see each day in the series. I will be adding them daily. 
DAY 1   DAY 2   DAY 3   DAY 4   DAY 5   DAY 6   DAY 7   DAY 8   DAY 9   DAY 10   DAY 11   DAY 12   DAY 13   DAY 14   DAY 15   DAY 16   DAY 17   DAY 18   DAY 19 DAY 20   DAY 21   DAY 22   DAY 23   DAY 24   DAY 25   DAY 26   DAY 27   DAY 28 DAY 29   DAY 30   DAY 31
















Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...