About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Liebster Award

I was so honored when I woke up on Friday morning and saw on my Facebook page that I had been nominated for a Liebster Award by Jennica from Faith Filled Home


I want to give her a big Thank You for thinking of me and picking me to receive this award.



To be honest I had no idea what it was but I was truly grateful to be nominated. This is the reason why I blog. The fact that God uses my words and my blog to inspire others completely humbles me and blesses my heart, especially since I know that it's not me and it's all God who uses me. 



After reading up on what it was all about I found out that there are a few rules to accepting the award:


1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and answer the questions they presented.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3. Copy & paste the pink Liebster Award logo to your blog.
4. Nominate 3-5 blogs to receive the award who have less than 3,000 followers. Create a new list of 11 questions for them.
5. Inform them of their nomination.

Here are my answers to the questions presented to me:

1. What/who pushes you everyday to be the person you are?
First I am a woman of God so I live my life everyday according to God's word.  Everyday I strive to grow closer in my relationship with God.  I do this by praying and reading my bible.  Now of course I am always making mistakes and learning lessons the hard way pretty much on a daily bases, which is how I get most of my material for my blog posts.
Second I would say my family.  Being a helpmate to my hubby and a good example of Christ to my kids drives me each day to do 
my best.

2. Who do you look to as a role model?
My husband is my role model.  He has so many qualities that I admire. For example his honesty, his work ethic, and his social skills, to name just a few.  These are all the qualities that attracted me to him.  I learn so much fro him.  He has helped me to be a better person.

3. If you could go anywhere for 2 weeks where would you go and why? 
I would go to Negril, Jamaica.  That is the place my hubby and I had our honeymoon, and it was beautiful.  We have so many great memories of being there.  I would love to return and create new memories, maybe on out 10 year anniversary.  

4. When you were 10 what did you want to be when you grew up? 
I do remember at one point I wanted to be a teacher.  I did work as a teachers assistant for 6 years at a school for the Deaf, which I loved.  I also taught Sunday school at my church for a while until my daughter was born, so I guess I can say that I accomplished my childhood dream.

5. Pool, lake, river or ocean?
Considering that I swim well enough to be able to survive, I would pick the pool.  It's safer for a non-swimmer like me, but what about the hot tub? That would be my first option...it's so relaxing. 

6. If you could go back to when you were 16 would you change anything?
I would try to be more social by being more involved in school clubs and activities. I was very shy, so I would be intimidated to start something new.  Though I did end up joining a few clubs that I thought looked good on my records for college. 

7. If you could sit down and talk to any one person dead or alive who would it be and why? 

This is a hard question, but the first person that came to mind was my grandma. I always admired my grandparents relationship and their strong love for one other.  They were married for over 60 years. To read more of their story click here.  I would love to talk to my grandma about marriage and get some great advice from her experience.


8. What drove you to start a blog?

After checking out a few marriage blogs, and I thought to myself can do that.  I felt it would be a good way for me to connect with  other wives and share my desire to encourage wives to serve 
God in all that they do.  I kind of fell into being a blogger, and now I love it.



9. What is your favorite book?

Well this one is easy, my favorite book is the bible.  It is my life's  guide.  Any questions or concerns I have I just go to my bible.  In the beginning it was a little hard for me to understand but now have learned to pray for God to give me understanding of His word.   This is the one and only book that has truly changed my life.I was so excited when my hubby bought me a beautiful new bible a couple of weeks ago.  It is pink/brown leather with my name on it.  


10. Share your favorite quote.

This is a new quote that I recently found on Facebook by Lecrea, who is a christian hip-hop artist.  
It reminds me to seek acceptance from God only.  He is the one and only true judge.



11. What is the one think you would like to learn or study?

I would like to learn how to sew with my sewing machine.  My hubby got me a fancy sewing 
machine on Christmas 2012, after I kept saying I wanted to start making my own clothes.  
To this day the sewing machine is still sitting in the box by my bed, because I have not figured out how to use it.  It has become a nice little table in the meantime.


I am nominating the following ladies because they motivate me to keep blogging and their 

blogs inspire me:

1. Tiffany@Mrsteelovelifelaughter


2. Mrs. AOK@Mrs aok-a-work-in-progress

3. Jackie@Best Life At Home

Here are the questions for my nominees:


1. Are you an early riser or a night owl?
2. What is your favorite social media site and why?
3. You're stuck on an island and could only bring 3 things what   
would they be and why?
4. lipstick, lipgloss, or lip balm?
5. What is your favorite flower?
6. What is your favorite song to jam to in the car? 
7. If you could switch blogs with one blogger who would it be?
8. What is your favorite holiday and how do you celebrate? 
9. If you could relive one moment in your life what would it be?
10. Which one cartoon character are you most like?
11. What is your favorite dessert?

Be Blessed!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...