About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

10+ Wives Club:Sonya

This week I am introducing you to another 
blogger wife & mom.

This is Sonya from 


I got a chance to get to know more about
Sonya when we became swap buddies 
for #AskAwayFriday.

If you don't know #AAF is a linkup where you can 
connect with other bloggers and exchange questions, 
to get to know each other better. 

Click here to see my swap with Sonya. 

Through our swap I got to know that Sonya loves saving,
and she loves her family. 

I also found out that this year Sonya and her hubby will 
be celebrating their 10 year anniversary. 

Help me welcome Sonya into the 10+ Wives Club!



1. How long have you been married?We will celebrate our 10 year anniversary in July 2014.

2. How did you both meet?We met in August of 2000, while we were both working at the same place. A few of our coworkers set us up. They got us to exchange phone numbers through them.We went on our first date shortly after exchanging numbers and have been together ever since.

3.How many children/grandchildren do you have?We have two children. A six year old son and a two year old daughter.

4.What are your two favorite qualities about your husband?I love it that my husband is very thoughtful. He likes to think everything through before making a decision. I don't always take my time to carefully think about all the details, so I'm glad he does.I also, love love love that my husband is really easy going. It does not take much to make him happy. He doesn't have unrealistic expectations of what I should get done during the day because I'm a stay at home mom. He never complains if I don't have dinner done, if the house isn't clean, or things like that. I appreciate his easy going manner.

5.What do you and your hubby like to do for fun? It doesn't take much for my husband and I to have fun together. We are both home bodies, so we enjoy watching movies at home, playing video games together, and just talking to each other. Everyone once in a while we will go out for a movie and dinner.

6.What is some advice that you would give to a newly married couple? Remember that your wife/husband is just your girlfriend/boyfriend with a new title. Don't expect that person to change into what you think a husband/wife should be. Communicate with your spouse what your marital expectations are.

7.What would you say is the key to your lasting marriage? I think being friends has helped us to have a lasting marriage.

8.What would be one thing you would want others to remember about your marriage?I hope everyone remembers that we both loved each other and our children.

 

It is definitely a good thing to see a couple 
celebrating a milestone like 10 years of marriage.

Please take some time to visit Sonya's blog, and don't 
forget next month to wish Sonya & her hubby 
a Happy Anniversary! 

Be Blessed!




2 comments:

  1. Sherri, thanks for featuring my marriage. I'm so excited about celebrating our 10 year anniversary next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sonya thanks for sharing your story. I was happy to get to know you better. Let me be the first to wish you and your hubby a Happy 10 Year Anniversary! ~Sherri

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...