About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

10+ Wives Club:Susan

Welcome wives to the 10+ Wives Club!

This week I get the honor of introducing you to Susan.


Her story is very dear to my heart, because she is my older sister. 
I have seen her marriage grow from the very beginning. 

Since Susan is thirteen years older than me growing up 
she was always like my second mother to me.

After I had a family of my own 
our relationship became a lot closer. 

I definitely look up to her as a wife and mother. 

She takes these roles seriously and she is great at both of them.

Please read more of her story below.


1.How long have you been married? 21 years

2. How did you both meet? My coworker invited me to her New Year's Eve party. At the party I was helping her with the cooking. He was the friend of my coworker's husband. He was helping set up the music for the party,when we first saw each other. My coworker introduced us and we talked all night.


3. How many children/grandchildren do you have?We have four children. 2 boys and 2 girls. 20,18,18,10.

4. What are your two favorite qualities about your husband?He is very good with saving money and handling our finances. He also is a very good planner for our future. He is always thinking about our retirement.

5. What do you and your hubby like to do for fun?We like to go to church with our family.

6. What is some advice that you would give to a newly married couple? Remember the importance of communication. Having open communication is vital to your marriage.

7. What would you say is the key to your lasting marriage? We've learned to compromise in our marriage. When having a disagreement one of us always tries to let the issue go for the sake of our marriage. 


8. What would be one thing you would want others to remember about your marriage? That we never gave up. Through the ups and downs we have been together for 21 years. God has definitely got us through it all.


This is a photo from our trip to my hubby's home country of Nigeria.

I feel blessed to share my sister's marriage story with you all.

Her marriage shows us that God can bring us through
it all, the good and bad, as long as we look to Him.

God loves marriage. He gives us the best example
of how to love and have a happy marriage.

Be Blessed!






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...