About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Night To Remember

Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!


Last Thursday I was excited to celebrate my 4 year anniversary.  Usually when it's my anniversary I look forward to a special date night with my man.  This year I was blessed to not only have a date night but a family night out too. 

Thursday night which was my actual anniversary, my family went to dinner at the restaurant Friday's.  It wasn't anything planned, and it was a great treat from my mother-in-law.  We had a great time, great food, and the waiter even brought us a double Oreo sundae, with two spoons. He even wished us a "Happy Anniversary." 


Then all week I was waiting in anticipation for my official date night on Saturday.  Everything was coming together as planned.  I even got my Mom to take the kids overnight.  They love it over there, so they were very excited.  To make things a little more interesting, I convinced my hubby that we would pick each others outfits for the night.  I love picking out his clothes, so this was going to be fun for me.  In the past he has always had great taste in fashion, especially when it comes to shopping for our daughter's clothes.  I totally trusted him in his choice.  I was very pleased with his choice. He picked my navy blue dress with my white leather jacket, and purple super chunky wedge heels(unfortunately the heels were not made for walking so they didn't make it through the night). 
For accessories I added in my large silver earrings, and my tribal print bag. 
I have to admit overall hubby did a good job. Do you agree?



As for him I picked out a dark purple sweater with a purple and white checkered shirt.  I also threw in a lavender and grey striped tie just to make him look a little fancy(I mean it is our anniversary.) 
I chose a pair of his new jeans and topped it off with a brown leather jacket and brown shoes.  I think I made a good choices, and I have to admit my hubby was looking very handsome that evening. What do you think?


As you can see from the pics we decided to spend the evening in New York City.  There are always so many things to do.  We had late reservations for dinner, so we ended up walking around times square, enjoying the sights, and taking pictures. You never know what you'll find in NYC, so we had lots of fun.  We even wandered up to a band playing music by the fountain, so we had the chance to sit and enjoy the music. The weather was a little warmer than usual so it made for the perfect night. 

As we were walking, my husband comes up with a great idea, to go to one of the popular candy shops in the area.  Now of course how could I resist?  So we were off to the candy shop.

When we arrived at Dylan's Candy Bar we realized this place was more than a candy shop.  They had two levels of candy and the top level was a cafe with ice cream.  I ordered the candy bar blast ice cream, and my hubby had an apple candy milkshake.  It was delicious.


After the ice cream we were literally like two kids in a candy shop, as we went around filling up our bags with all types of candy.  It was then time to catch a cab over to the restaurant for dinner.

The restaurant was beautiful. When we walked in it was dark with candles and flowers on the tables.  We were greeted by the hostess who also wished us a "Happy Anniversary," and she took us to our table on the second level.  This place was definitely romantic enough for an anniversary dinner. 

Hubby and I enjoyed a three course meal which included an appetizer, entree, and dessert.  Talk about fancy eating.  My hubby sure knows how to make a girl feel special.  After all the food we were completely stuffed, so we ended up taking our dessert to go. 



We ended our night by going to see a movie at the huge theater in times square.  Honestly I really enjoyed the night out with my husband.  It's always nice to take time out of our everyday schedules to enjoy each others company.  The best part was being able to hold hands as we walked around the city.

It was definitely a night to remember!

How do you & your hubby celebrate anniversaries?

What makes the celebration truly special?


Here are some more pics of our NYC adventure. 

 











3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you!! That sounds like a wonderful date night and you both did a great job of picking out each other's outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fallon. We did both enjoy our evening. I love anniversaries. Thanks for your comment and for subscribing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...