About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Friday, November 15, 2013

Remembering What God Has Done


Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!


In the bible there are many verses that tell us to forget our past, and look to a new life that God has given us through the death of Jesus.  Depending on your lifestyle before your salvation this may come easier.  Many people feel disgusted by their old lives, and may have a hard time even thinking about those days before Jesus.  It may be a reminder of past sins or pain, that were only overcome by the blood of Jesus.  These people may forget their past focusing only to their new lives.  Other people may have a harder time forgetting their past.  The enemy may be using past sins from your old life as a stronghold in your new life.  This may cause you to feel stuck, confused, or discouraged, because you are unable to see yourself through the eyes of God. God's Word clearly tells us that we are made new through Christ.  

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.  The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.   2 Corinthians 5:17

God's Word also tells us that the only way we can move forward in Him is to forget our past.  I think it is also important to remember the past, so we can always remember and be thankful for what God has done.  

Today as I sat and had my breakfast God began to remind me of where I used to be.  He reminded  me of the things of the past, and the times I prayed for Him to work in my life.  Just as quickly as He reminded me of those times, He began to remind me of how far He has brought me.  

Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own.  But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press toward the goal  for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13-14

I began to recognize that my past struggles were now victories because of what God had done in me.  I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with emotion, because I know I serve a faithful God.  
I pray  that God helps me to never forget my past, because it will help me to always remember why I have a future.



How do you feel about your past?

Have you taken the time to think about how far God has brought you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...