About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Appreciative Heart


Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!



It is good to be back blogging after a few days off.  After the end of my 31 Days of Sharing God's Love Challenge, this girl needed a few days to recuperate.  Although, I do love writing so much that I couldn't be away for too long.

Last Sunday my church offered a service, that allowed the congregation to experience life as a missionary.  It was truly an eye-opening experience.  The whole church was set up like we were in another country. There were actors who told the story of different individuals, and their struggles living in these foreign countries.  As I listened to each story, it made me think about my life here as a believer in America. 

As Americans we have the freedom to pray, preach, and read God's Word at any time.  Unfortunately this is not the reality of many other believers around the world.  They often have to suffer for choosing to follow Jesus Christ.  This made me think.  If we have such freedoms such as reading the bible, praying in public, or preaching the Word of God, then why do we so often take it for granted?  We live such busy lives,  that sometimes just taking five minutes out of our day to spend time with God, seems like a burden.  

Sadly I know that I have personally been guilty of this.  Honestly God has convicted my heart about it. When I think of those believers out there that fight for what they believe, it makes me realize the true gift that God has given me. 

Sometimes we have to take ourselves out of own lives, and experience the lives of others in order to appreciate the blessings that God has given us.  

My desire is to make Jesus the number one priority in my life.  I pray that other wives and mothers desire this as well.  We must live our lives as an example to our families, friends, and to those that don't know Jesus. 

Lord I pray today that you put a passion in our hearts that motivate us to always seek you first.  Help us to not take for granted this gift of salvation, that you have so freely given us.  Thank you for your never ending love for us. In Jesus name Amen.

Have you put Jesus as number one in your life?

How can me make sure not to take our gift of salvation for granted?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...