About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Friday, March 14, 2014

What Wives Wear:Menswear Inspired

This weeks look is an outfit that I 
decided to randomly throw together.

These are all pieces I've worn separately in 
other outfits but never thought to putting together.

The idea of experimenting with your wardrobe,
and coming up with new looks is something 
that I greatly recommend. 

It is so much fun and honestly it is a big 
wardrobe saver when you may be working with a 
limited budget or even a limited wardrobe.

Mixing and matching pieces that you already own 
allows you to create new outfits and instantly 
multiply your wardrobe. All you need to do
 is get a little creative.



This is a look that I wore to my sister's 
birthday brunch at my mom's house. 

It was going to be just close family so I didn't need 
to be too dressy, but I was slowly recovering from 
a cold that had me in bed the whole day before.
I just wanted to look better so I could feel better.

It all began with this thrifted vest and then 
I built up my look from there.

Outfit:
Black pinstripe vest(thrifted)White shirt(Sears)
Skinny jeans(Old Navy)Wine suede oxfords(Target)

Accessories:
Black & Grey tie-dyed scarf(gifted by Hubby)
Glasses(Vince Camuto) Silver leaf necklace(Forever 21)
Silver hoop earrings(thrifted)


This vest I find sometimes hard to wear, 
because it doesn't just go with anything.

Since the weather was nice and the snow was beginning 
to melt, I decided I could finally start wearing my favorite 
suede wine colored oxfords.

I knew that this combination was going to 
make the perfect menswear inspired look.


I can't leave home without my accessories: silver hoops, 
a silver leaf pendant necklace, and my favorite tie-dye scarf.

Check out how I wore this scarf for my 

So don't be afraid to get style inspiration from
popular men's looks. You can always add
a feminine touch with the right makeup and accessories.


Be Blessed!


Check back next week for another great look.

For any wives who would like to be featured on

What Wives Wear

Please contact me at 

godlifehappywife@gmail.com

for more details.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...