About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

31 Days of Sharing God's Love Day 6: 6 Ways to Share Gods Love with your Children


Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!


As Moms who love the Lord, we are always looking for ways to share the Love of God with our children.  We know the importance of encouraging our children's relationship with the Lord.  One of the best ways to do this is to lead by example.  When we live our lives receiving God's Love, serving Him, and sharing His Love with others, we model a life that our children can learn from.  

Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. 
Proverbs 22:6

6 Ways to share God's Love with your children

1. Show patience-This is a Fruit of the Spirit.  It is a characteristic given to us by God as a result of being His child. This is often times a challenge that as a mother we need to pray about.  

2. Use kind words-Showing love through our words is SO important.  We must always think first before we speak.  Never say things out of anger or frustration.  Speaking life into our children can build them up.

3. Offer praise-This goes along with using kind words.  Let our children know when they have done good.  Make it your job to seek out the times when your child has done well, or made you proud. Then let them know.  This is a great way to encourage their spirits.

4. Make time for them-Often times we have such busy schedules.  We are running here, there, and everywhere.  Let your children know that they are a priority in your life.  Take the time to do something  with them. Something they will like to do.  Create fun and memories that will last a lifetime.

5. Teach them God's Word-God's Word needs to be the foundation of your child's life.  When we teach our child the truth of God's Word, we are providing them with a tool, that will forever change their lives.  Having the Word of God in their hearts is the most important thing they can receive in life. 

6. Pray with them-Praying with your child allows them to have a relationship with the Lord.  When we teach them the power of prayer, they will have an opportunity to go to God at any time.  Praying with our children is a time that God allows us to draw close to each other while drawing close to Him.

These are just a few of the many ways we can share the Love of God with our children.  We need to pray on a daily basis for God to work in our hearts and our lives.  Then we can share the greatest Love of all with our children everyday.  

People were also bringing babies to Jesus for him to place his hands on them. When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”            Luke 18:15-17

What are some ways you share God's Love with your children?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...