About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Monday, March 31, 2014

Power Of Contentment

Being content.  Let me ask you are you content

In your life, in your current situation are you content? 

What does being content even mean?

Contentment means enjoying where you are at in life right now, while you are on your way to where you are going. 

Last August I had the chance to spend the weekend in Hershey, PA with my mom at the Joyce Meyers conference. I was looking forward to attending this conference because God has taught me so much through watching Joyce Meyers preach on t.v. She just has a way with her words, and when she speaks I can completely relate to what she is sharing.  

At the conference the first night Joyce preached about being content, and it really made me think.  

Before the conference if you were to ask me if I was content, I would have said yes! 

To me being content meant being happy, so yes I am happy with my life.  God has blessed me with so much more then I ever deserved.  How could I not be content? 

Then I thought about what contentment really meant.  Was I truly enjoying where I was at in life right now, while on my way to where I am going. The answer is...No I wasn't.

God began to convict me of times I complained that my car is old, or I didn't have enough money to get things I felt I needed because I am a stay-at-home mom, or the biggest challenge is my husbands relationship with the Lord is not where I think it should be. 
"We must totally trust Jesus to be truly content."
For from Him and through Him and for Him are all things to Him be the glory forever! Amen.  Romans 11:36

We must take our focus off our situations and put it on God.  


Reasons You Are Not Content:

1. Looking for the wrong things to fill your life

2. When we don't put God first 

3. When you don't trust God's plan

4. You forget to enjoy your life now

It may be hard to accept but the reality is, it is insulting to God to not be content.

I realized I can be content in my life even though everything may not be exactly the way I wanted it to be. 

I needed to be content in God and not my circumstances 

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret to being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, while living in plenty or in want. Philippians 4:11-12

This verse tells us that we can be content no matter the situation.

Ways To Be Content:

1. Put God first in your life.

2. Look to God to fill your life.

3. Stop giving other people or things the job of making you content.

4. Enjoy where your at right now.

5. Start speaking life by saying, "I will choose to be content today because I trust God is working in my life."

6. Have a humble attitude.

Ladies remember one of the best and most powerful things is to be content. 

Be Blessed!







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...