About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Friday, October 4, 2013

31 Days of Sharing God's Love Day 4 Flower Garden

Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new.
Please check out My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!


The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the Word of our God endures forever. Isaiah 40:8

In the beginning of spring I decided I wanted to plant some flowers to give a little color and life to my front area. I went to the garden store and picked out a few different varieties of flowers. I even did a little research beforehand to make sure I knew which flowers would do well in shaded areas, and in sunnier areas.

After I bought all the flowers and supplies, I planted the flowers into the front area near my front door and around the tree.  For the first month the flowers looked beautiful.  My daughter Sanai and I would water them regularly.  Then after the second month the flowers began to wilt and turn brown.  I was very disappointed and I couldn't figure out what went wrong.  I decided to go back to the garden store to buy some flower seeds, and this time I would plant them in my backyard.  I was determined to get it right.  At the store I asked questions to make sure I got the right thing.  I also wanted to attract butterflies to my garden, so I made sure I picked the right seeds.  After searching around and asking the sales associate for his advice.  I left the store with a big bag of annual wild flower seeds.  The bag said they were specifically for attracting butterflies and hummingbirds.

When I got home from the store Sanai and I planted a lot of the tiny seeds.  Once again we made sure we watered them regularly.  After a month beautiful flowers of all colors and sizes began to pop up.  Each day I looked forward to going out and looking at all the beautiful flowers.  I would just admire the exquisite creations of the Lord.





Lord, how manifold are your works! In wisdom have you made them all; the earth is full of your creations.










I live in an apartment complex.  My apartment is located in the first row of apartments.  Many times people will cut through my backyard as a short cut to their apartment buildings.  One day I was in my kitchen washing dishes, while the kids were eating dinner.  While I was washing the dishes I noticed a mother and her little daughter walking through my backyard and admiring the flowers.  The daughter began grabbing at the flowers and the mother just watched.  I immediately began to get upset and started speaking out loud.  I said, "Great what is she doing?"  I also was thinking why was the mother letting this happen.  My children heard what I was saying and they began to look out the window, trying to figure out what was going on.  I was getting frustrated that the mother wasn't handling the situation.  I began thinking I will have to go outside and stop her daughter from touching the flowers.  At that very moment God reminded me that previously I was admiring His exquisite creations and the flowers were not mine.  The Lord also spoke to my heart and told me to go outside, because He wanted me to give the little girl a flower.  I was shocked at how quickly God had changed my heart on the situation.  I told my children that I felt I should give her a flower.  My son Amari said, "God would like that."  I felt better that I was able to set a better example for my children.  God helped me immediately change my attitude and decide to share God's Love with this mother and her daughter.  


I went to the backyard and I said to the mother and daughter  "would she like a flower." I asked her what color?  Then I cut a little pink one and gave it to the little girl.  As soon as I gave her the flower, her face lit up and she gave me the biggest smile.  The mother thanked me and they walked away.

Afterwards I realized that it felt good to make a better choice and obey God's prompting to me.  Plus I was able to share the Love of God with not only the daughter but the mother as well.  It was a small gesture but I am sure it was a lasting one.

Now that I think back to when I was getting all worked  up it makes me laugh at myself. I definitely needed to remember that God is in control!








Have you ever needed to be reminded that God is in control?













How have you shared God's Love today?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...