About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

31 Days of Sharing God's Love Day 17 Grateful List


Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!


Yesterday I was inspired by Lisa from club31women.com she posted on her husbands blog matthewljacobson.com.  Lisa talked about expressing gratefulness to your husband.  She made a list of all the little things that she is grateful for in her husband.  

This post really made me think.  So often the little everyday things that our man does, goes without acknowledgement.  It's the little things that touch my heart, but I think sometimes I get so used to it.  
I don't think to mention it, and that's not good.  For example how everyday he calls me from work.  
I know that many times he is very busy at work.  The fact that he takes the time to call and check up on me day after day definitely means a lot to me.  Even though he does this everyday, I can't go without mentioning it.  Those are some of the everyday things that we need to praise our husbands for.  That's an opportunity that God allows us to share His Love with our husbands.

Another important thing that Lisa talked about was not to focus on the negative things that your husband does, because that will only lead to grief in both spouses.  I decided that no more will I let things go unrecognized. I am grateful for my man's efforts whether big or small.  I wanted to let him know.  So I made a list of my own.  Lisa talks about after you write this list, read the list  one at a time to your husband.  Read it slowly and sincerely, and wait to see what happens to you both.

After I made up my list of ten things. I waited for the right time and began to read it to my hubby.  It felt good to let him know exactly how I felt.  I know he felt good too hearing how grateful I am for Who he is, and what he does. God is working!

*I challenge you to write down your own list.  See how God works through you and your husband.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...