About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Accepting When God Makes Change

At this point of my life I am completely focused on figuring out God's will for my life and following it. I have done things my own way for a majority of my life and realized that wasn't working, so I have learned through years of trusting and believing God that His plans are so much better than mine. God is slowly teaching me the the important lesson in accepting when God makes change.


Now don't get me wrong this isn't easy. It is an ongoing process of putting my faith in God, and trusting that He will do what He says in His word. I have messed up with this so many times but with each failure there is a victory, and that is what builds up my faith.

Everyday in my prayer time with God I pray for God to lead me. I also pray that whatever God's plans are for my life and my family, that I will trust them. 

We've all heard the saying before, "Be careful what you ask for because you just might get it," well this statement couldn't be any more true than when it applies to God. 

Listen to how my story goes:

I recently applied for a part-time position as a teacher's assistant at my daughter's preschool as a way to bring in some extra income. I love working with kids and I have a experience in this area from before I became a stay-at-home mom. 

I was excited when I got the job working as a sub now and then also working the afternoons in the summer. Little did I know that God had bigger plans for me. 

One day last week when I was picking up my daughter from school the director approached me and presented me with the position of becoming the new bible teacher, since the current teacher was looking to move on and leave the school. 

This offer was completely unexpected but was definitely an answer to prayer for me. 

Now even though this news was a blessing to me I was a little hesitant because I knew that this would mean I would have to give up going to my Mom's In Prayer meeting, and ladies bible study. I was not ready to let all of that go just yet, because I feel like those things are the lifeline to my spiritual life. I thought if I stopped attending these meetings it would affect my relationship with the Lord. 

I told the director of the school I would pray about it and get back to them as soon as possible. So I did just that when I went home I began to pray and seek God's direction. 

In this time God revealed to me two things:

1. First, when I was reading my bible guess what was the verse for that day. Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Phillippians 4:6

2. Secondly, God reminded me of my prayers of asking Him to lead me, and the times I said I would trust His plans. I immediately thought this is it, God was answering my prayers, so who was I to now doubt what His plans are for me.

After also talking things over with my hubby, the next day I stepped out in faith and accepted the job position. 

Not so soon after I did that I was talking with a friend and she was reminding me of another bible study that I was interested in starting and it just so happens to meet on Wednesdays, which will be the one day that I will have off each week. 

I guess that was God's plans all along. After my many times of praying for God's will to be done in my life, He gave me just what I asked for. It wasn't what I was expecting but it was just what I needed. I just had to have enough trust and faith to accept the change. I'm excited to see where God will lead me with this new journey. 

Be Blessed!





Why is it so hard to accept change, even when it comes from God?

Have you had an experience where you had a hard time accepting a change in your life?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...