About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Thursday, May 29, 2014

#AskAwayFriday With Stacey From This Momma's Ramblings

I got a chance to swap questions with 
another great blogger this week. 

It's that time again for another #AskAwayFriday




This week I got the honor of meeting Stacey from 
She also happens to be one of the hosts 
to this great link up.


Stacey asked the questions, and I answered. 
Check out all my answers below.


1. If you could go back in time and interview any historical figure, who would you choose and why? I guess the first person that comes to mind is Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. I respect all that he represented and his strong faith. 

2. What is your fondest dream that you have yet to accomplish? I would love to go on a missions trip to another country. Any country. I just love the idea of giving of yourself to serve and share with others. I think sometimes we don't realize how good we have it in America until we experience how others live. Plus I have heard stories of people's lives completely changed after a missions trip. 

3. I am looking forward to summertime weenie roasts in our back yard, complete with glazed donuts and s’mores. What is something that you are looking forward to doing this summer? My family is planning to go to Disney at the end of August. My hubby went into complete Disney mode and has done research and planned out a complete itinerary. He has gotten me excited about our plans. 

4. What would a pamper day include for you? A day at the spa including a full body massage, facial, hair, nails, and of course there would have to be shopping and food. A couple years back I got a taste of this when my hubby treated me to a day at the spa for Mother's Day. It was a complete surprise and I was in heaven. Talk about being relaxed. I came out of there feeling like jello.

5. Do you have a favorite book that you will read over and over? What is it? To be honest I'm not that big of a reader because it takes me forever to complete a book. 
I would definitely have to say my favorite book is the bible. I read it over and over and learn new things from it every time. 

6. What is something that blogging has taught you about yourself? That I actually like writing, and that I can express myself so much better through writing than with speaking. Who would have known?

7. Do you have a favorite recipe from your childhood that you now make for your family? Baked macaroni and cheese. My mom made it the best and now I make it the same exact way for my family. I love cheese!

8. What is your favorite thing about being a mom? There are so many things, but I guess my favorite thing would be the unconditional love of my children. They know I'm not perfect, but they love me anyway.

9. Have you ever had the chance to meet any of the blogging friends that you have made? No not yet, but I hope to have an opportunity to in the future. I did get a chance to chat with Mrs.Tee from Mrsteelovelifelaughter one night, when she shared her story on my blogtalk radio show. It actually was my very first show. She helped me calm my nerves. It was my one and only show since I decided to take a break from it right now, but who knows what God has planned for the future. 

10. Do you have a favorite story from your childhood that you now read to your children? I always loved the story of Corduroy by Don Freeman. He is the teddy bear with the missing button. It is such a cute story, that my kids loved just as much as me. I love the movie even more. 


I had a great time answering these questions and getting to know Stacey. Check out her blog here to see how she answered my questions. 

Be Blessed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...