About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

#AskAwayFriday with Sonya from Savings With Sonya K

Alright ladies it's been a while, 
but I'm back with this weeks 
#AskAwayFriday




Who is my swap buddy this week you ask?
Good question!

I had the opportunity to swap questions with 
none other than...

Sonya from 

Sonya asked me questions about 
my three favorite subjects: fashion, faith, marriage.

See how I answered her questions.

You have lots of fashion/style posts on your blog. So lets start with some fashion/shopping questions.

1. I read that you are loving stripes. What is one fashion trend that you don't like that's popular now?
That is true I am loving stripes. I've always worn them but it seems like lately I have been drawn to them more. 

When it comes to popular trends that I don't like, I have to be honest I don't even know what the trends are right now. As much as I love fashion I'm not always up on the latest trends. I just wear what I think looks good. 

I do sometimes notice online and in magazines some of the trends,  like for example I know florals are big right now. I like that one. 

So to answer your question I would say anything showing too much skin. Like crop tops and bra tops. It may work for other people but not on this christian mama. It would not be a good look!  

2. What would be your ultimate fashion splurge if you had unlimited funds? Not only am I not into trends but I'm not really into big name brands. Way too expensive just for the name. At least that's what I think. 

My ultimate fashion splurge would be going to a NYC thrift store with unlimited funds and with unlimited time to go through all the racks, and of course it would have to be on their 50% off day. I would be in heaven!

3. What is your typical spring/summer outfit? It's not too different from my fall outfit except less layers. I would say skinny jeans for spring and cutoff shorts for summer with a brightly colored t-shirt. I love color! 

As far as my shoes flats for spring and  a comfortable sandal for summer. I even like to throw on a maxi dress because it's quick, easy, and keeps me cool.

4. Online vs. in-store shopping which one do you prefer and why? Definitely in-store because I like to dress up so I need to be able to try on the clothes. 

You write a lot about your faith. So I thought it would be fun to have some questions about gospel music.

5. What is your favorite praise song?I have so many favorite praise songs it's hard to narrow it down to just one. 

It all depends on what I'm going through spiritually God will speak to me through a specific song, then that song will be my new favorite song.  

God has really been speaking to my heart through the song Oceans by Hillsong United.

This song talks about trusting God in those times when we feel overwhelmed. Trusting Him to make our faith stronger with no limits, because He is always with us. Plus I love the voice of the girl who sings it.


6. Do you have a gospel song that lifts you up when you are feeling down? One of my favorites songs is Dara Maclean Wanted. This song reminds me that no matter how I feel God made me, and He makes no mistakes. He will always want me exactly the way that I am. I think often times as a wife, and a mom we need to be reminded of that. 

Here are the lyrics to the song:

From the day you were born 
And took your first breath 
You opened your eyes and in came the light 
He was watching you 
But all of your life you couldn't shake the lies in your head 
Saying you're a mistake 
Oh but you were made 
By a God who knows your name 
He doesn't make mistakes 

CHORUS 
You are wanted 
To every broken heart, He stands with open arms 
You are wanted 
To every searching soul, look to the rising sun 
If you're lonely, hurting, gone too far 
To the outcast you come as you are 
For you, you are wanted, you, you are wanted 
You, you are wanted, you, you are wanted 

Let this be the day that joy takes the place 
Of all of the years that shame tried to steal away 
He is calling you 
Lift your eyes to see His face 
Come run into the arms of grace 

CHORUS 

You, you have been marked 
You're set apart 
And He calls you His 
So you don't have to search 
Don't have to look for where you belong 

You are wanted 

CHORUS

7. Do you have a favorite gospel artist, group, or choir?
I like a variety of Christian music from gospel to Contemporary Christian. Some of my favorite artists and groups are Israel Houghton, Fred Hammond, Mandisa, JoAnn Rosario, Britt Nicole, Group One Crew, and Casting Crowns.

How about a few marriage questions?

8. What are three things that help you to be a happy wife? First and foremost my relationship with Jesus. If I didn't depend on God I would be doing it all wrong. Even with God I do things wrong, but with God I have that guidance. 

Second the love of my family. My husband and kid's love gives me so much joy everyday.

Third is the support of my family and friends especially with all their encouragement for my marriage and prayers for my family. 

9. What is a typical date like for you and your husband?
The one thing that we are blessed with is available babysitting. So whenever we want to plan a date night my mom is always willing to take the kids. 

We like to go to new restaurants, so my hubby and I usually go to dinner for our dates. On our first date we went to the Olive Garden, and then a movie.

10. I love seeing older married couples and find them inspiring. Do you have any married couples in your life that you admire? If so, what have you learned from them? I shared on my blog about how I always admired my grandparents and their love for each other. Their marriage definitely left a legacy for our family. The one thing I learned from them is that no matter how long they were married they always acted as if they were just married. 

They would always do little things for each other to make one another happy. They would retell the story of their first date like it was the first time. They would even dress alike. Read their story here.


These were great questions Sonya. 
Thanks for swapping with me. 
I really got a chance to know you better. 

Go to Sonya's blog here to read her 
answers to my questions.

I hope my answers helped you all 
get a glimpse into my God Life Happy Wife world.

See ya next week.

Be Blessed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...