About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Envy

Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!


How many times have you looked at someone else's life and thought, "I wish that could be me." 
We may try to imitate what they have or secretly compete,  in an effort to (as they call it)  "Keep up with the Joneses."  I know we have all experienced this, in some way, whether we think those exact words, or even have feelings of jealousy. 

We know that God's word instructs us against being led by these feelings.  In the word it does not say, that we are not to experience these feelings.  It is only natural to our flesh, but it is important not to be led by these feelings, because they will cause us to sin.  The word of God also offers us many ways that we can overcome these feelings, and the answer is only through Jesus Christ. 

There may even be times when we feel frustration because we see success in the life of a nonbeliever, and we look to our lives and all we see is a struggle.  We have envy, and can't understand why God is not blessing us in this way.  This is something that is hard to experience, but we must remember 

God always takes care of His children.

Also remember that the enemy will definitely try to attack you if he feels you are a threat to his evil schemes. So trust that God is in control. 

This morning in my quiet time with God.  I was reading Psalm 37 and felt so encouraged regarding this issue, because God gives us clear instructions on how to overcome these feelings of envy and jealousy.  He also promises us that when we choose to trust Him in this area, He will give us peace, righteousness, and the desires of our hearts.

Do not fret because of evil men or envious of those who do wrong; for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away.  Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.  Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:1-4

Continue reading this whole Psalm and you will be encouraged by God's love and how He promises to take care of his children.

I am so thankful that we serve a God that not only understands these feelings that we experience, but He also gives us clear guidance, in His word on how to overcome them.  He then comforts us and prospers us, when we choose to follow and trust Him.

How can we not feel blessed when we have that type of assurance?

Have you ever experienced feelings of envy?

How has God helped you overcome?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...