About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

10+ Wives Club:Peggy

I am excited to introduce today Peggy our newest member of the 10+ Wives Club. Peggy deserves a special honor because of her long and strong godly marriage to her high school sweetheart. 

Peggy has a heart and ministry to encourage godly marriages. On Facebook she has a women's support group called Married For Life

Peggy also had a blogtalk radio show by the same name which is how we had the opportunity to connect. 

I knew from my first time meeting Peggy that she had wisdom and experience from God about marriage, and I knew I wanted to gain some of it. 




1.How long have you been married?53 years July 31st 1960

2. How did you both meet?We went to high school and church together. He needed a date for his junior prom and invited me to go and we have dated ever since, then we got married and still love each other very much and have a great life.

3. How many children/grandchildren do you have?We have 6 kids. 3 are biological and 3 are adopted when they were babies from Korea. We have 6 grandkids. They are 27, 24, 9, 7, 6, and 1 year old. 

4. What are your two favorite qualities about your husband? He puts our family first and takes wonderful care of me and the kids. He is a man of God and puts God first in our lives.

5. What do you and your hubby like to do for fun?We like to eat out, go to fun places, and ballroom dance.  

6. What is some advice that you would give to a newly married couple?To put God first and don't ever think about divorce. Respect your husband or wife and put them first.

7. What would you say is the key to your lasting marriage?We love God and each other very much and our family. We love to be together doing anything. 


8. What would be one thing you would want others to remember about your marriage?That it gives Christ glory. That we love each other deeply, and love our family very much. 




I love how Peggy's answers were sweet and to the point, and she has been married for 53 years, so it proves it doesn't take a lot to have a happy and healthy marriage. 

I hope you recognized the common thread throughout many of her answers. God first, your spouse, and your family(in that order.) 

When we follow that order, the way God has designed it, you will see the blessings of the Lord in your marriage. 

Be Blessed!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...