About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Monday, April 21, 2014

My Child's Salvation

I didn't grow up a Christian, so I am always a little envious when I hear of people who grew up in a Christian home or knew the Lord at such a young age.

I didn't accepted the Lord until I was in my early 20's, but I am truly thankful for my journey with the Lord. I know that God's plan for my life was and is perfect. All that I have experienced the good and the bad has brought me to where I am now, which is strong in my faith and completely dependent on Jesus. 

Those are the values I want to pass on to my children. I pray everyday that I can be an example of Christ to my children through all that I say and do.  



I always say that I am proud that my children are smart, successful, accomplished, but my main goal is if they have accepted Jesus in their hearts, and if they have the fruit of the spirit continually growing in their lives. That is my responsibility to be that example for my children through my own life, and making sure they know the word of God. I also know that if my children are in the Lord, He will bless them to be all of those things and more.

Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

I live by this verse because it is very important to me to pass on the legacy of Christ to my children, since both my husband and I did not come from a home that served the Lord. 

No matter where my husband and I came from, the change can start with us. We can start a legacy that can change the future generations of our family, and will break those past generational curses. 

I believe that children can accept Jesus in their hearts at a young age. I also have personally seen how God has used and called children no matter what their ages. God's word shows us many times how he uses children and how he calls them to Him. 

But Jesus called the children to Him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Luke 18:16

My son raised his little hand at the age of three years old to accept Jesus into his heart during an altar call for the kids at our church's harvest fest. I never forget that day because I felt that it was real, and the spirit confirmed it in my heart,that it was definitely my son's desire. I now see the results of that commitment as the Lord has worked in such a great way through my son's life.

Last Friday at our church's Good Friday Service I had my second chance to have that blessed mom moment when my daughter requested to pray for Jesus in her heart. 


For me it came so unexpected, especially after I had a rough week of attacks from the enemy, but that's just how God works. He will bless those who are faithful. 

My daughter saw another little girl go for prayer with the children's pastor and she asked me "where is she going?" I explained she is going to pray for Jesus in her heart, and then my daughter said, "I want that to!" So just that simple, I took her to pray with the children's pastor. A simple act, but the biggest decision of her life. 

The pastor explained to her what it meant, and prayed, then she gave my daughter a kid's bible to take home and read. 

I could see the joy in my daughter's face and we all celebrated with her that night as she danced around the church with her bible. 

Now I have a mission to continue what was started that night with my daughter's prayer. 
I will continue to pray for her, and read the bible to her, and set the example for her, so she can eventually pass the legacy on to her children. God is good...all the time!




Be Blessed!








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...