About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Friday, April 11, 2014

What Wives Wear: Carrie



Today on What Wives Wear I am honored to have a guest post from my new blogger friend Carrie. She is a wife, a mom, and a lover of fashion(how could we not be friends?)

Carrie is a SAHM(stay-at-home mom), and today she is sharing one of her 
favorite looks for the spring. 

Come and get to know her and please take some time 
to visit her blog Curly Crafty Mom


My name is Carrie from Curly Crafty Mom and today I am in an early Spring transitional outfit for What Wives Wear. I am a Mom of an almost eight year old named Nathan and a five year old girl named Autumn. In my spare time (what's that?) I enjoy blogging about my family, fashion, crafts/DIY, decoration and running. Today I am sharing my love for FASHION with an outfit post.


Super-close-of-my-face

Let's start with a close up! The scarf I am wearing is from Charming Charlie's, my absolute favorite accessories store! I bought this light infinity scarf a few weeks ago and they said it was one of their top selling scarves for the Spring due to its lightness and floral print. I love the colors in this scarf, the yellow goes with my neon yellow shirt, the mint goes with my earrings and the tan acts as a neutral. I also purchased the mint earrings from Charming Charlie.


Side-view-of-me-touching-my-ear
This outfit is perfect to wear during the cool to warm Spring days when you need to wear layers. The neon yellow shirt that I am wearing under the utility jacket is sleeveless! What I love about this utility jacket is that it isn't too heavy, so I wear it indoors and I never feel too hot in it. 
 

Back-of-My-Outfit
This is just a shot of the back side of the utility jacket and you can sort of see my nude flats from Express. Did you know that my neighbors own 3 horses? I love the view from my backyard!


Front-View-full-body
I wish I had taken the utility jacket off as this outfit looks completely different when I am just wearing the neon shirt and scarf. 


Head-Shot
I am a naturally curly hair girl, but I try to straighten my hair once a week. I love how I can change up my look by having straight or curly hair. Thanks for reading my fashion post today, I hope it sprouted some ideas for this Spring!

Here are the specifics to what I am wearing:
Utility Jacket from Nordstrom
Neon Yellow Sleeveless Shirt from Old Navy 
Mint Earrings and Floral Infinity Scarf from Charming Charlie
Mint Bracelet from Molly Suzanne
Skinny Jeans from Shade
Nude Flats from Express


IGimage
If you are looking for some more Spring inspirations, I am currently participating in a 30x30 Challenge where I wear 30 items for 30 days. Click HERE to see my first post with my 30 items I selected to wear for the next 30 days.


Floral dress
Also, last Friday I posted Five Ways to Style the Popular Floral Print this Spring, check out this post HERE.

I love how Carrie brought in some color with her neon shirt. Ladies don't be afraid to experiment with colors you might not normally wear. Give your outfit a pop of color. It's perfect for the spring. Thanks to Carrie for sharing with us today.

Be Blessed!





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...