About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Friday, December 13, 2013

Unexpected Blessings

Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out My Story to get to know me better or 
subscribe here.Welcome!


The one thing I always find funny is how we pray to the Lord day after day for His will, His healing, or His miracles in our lives.  Then the moment He gives us exactly what we prayed for, we are in awe and overwhelmed by His goodness.  

I guess I find it funny because it happens to me all the time.  This is a good thing, because God wants us to be overwhelmed by His love. 
God wants us to have the joy that can only come from Him.

May all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you!  May those who love your salvation say evermore, "God is great!"
Psalm 70:4

Our ways are not His ways, so God will often surprise us with the unexpected.  We can have our own preconceived ideas of how things should be, or the way things should go.  Then God will hit us with a blessing that we could not have ever imagined. 

When God does this, we just need to thank Him and praise Him for His goodness.

The one thing that I have learned is in order for God to bless you in this unexpected way, you must completely trust Him.  When you give God your complete trust, you are leaving yourself open for God to work in your life.  Once you are able to do this God will be able to surprise you with the unexpected. 

It's also important to remember we must always do things with a pure heart.  God knows our motives and if we are just acting in order to receive a blessing, then that is all that it is an act. In result you will only hurt yourself and it is definitely not pleasing to God.

After God has allowed you to experience a miracle or a blessing in your life, you must not keep it to yourself.  Go tell others of your story, of the awesome God you serve.  Not in a way to brag, but to share with others the goodness of our Lord.  God not only wants to bless you but many others as well. Sharing your testimony can encourage other believers. I know it always does for me.  It can also inspire the hearts of those who need to seek Jesus, because many times they are not familiar with the ways of the Lord.

I pray that you can trust in Jesus today.  In doing so you allow Him to give you His joy, and truly there is nothing better.  This joy can come in the form of an unexpected blessing, or just the pure joy of knowing Jesus.





What is a way that God unexpectantly has blessed you?



Can you say that you truly trust Jesus in your life?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...