About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

What Wives Wear LinkUp: Week 12


Welcome to the
What Wives Wear Link Up!
Week 12

Restyled Crop Top & High Waisted Skirt


Top:Walmart, Skirt:Thrifted(Banana Republic),
Shoes:Gifted(Nine West), Sunnies:Target,
Earrings:Gifted, Bracelet:Handmade by my daughter 

This week I'm wearing another one of my restyled pieces.

For my July 4th look I shared one of my restyled t-shirts.

It ended up having cut off sleeves and 
a fringed bottom, after I became bored with its look. 
If you missed it check it out here.

This top that I'm wearing originally was a dress.

I liked the colors, the print of the dress, and even the detail 
of the wood rings on the straps, which made it unique.

Of course once again I became bored with the dress. 
The fit wasn't the most flattering, so I cut it into a crop top.



Now in the past I would be the first one to say, 
"I don't do crop tops!"

I thought they were cute on others, and I've seen a
few that I liked, but I just wasn't 
trying to show off my belly liked that.

Then I discovered the combination of a crop top,
and a high waisted skirt. 

Perfect solution and nothing is showing! 


These wedges were actually hand-me-downs, 
from my sister-in-law.

They are so comfortable, and easy to walk in.


To complete my look I added a pair of shell earrings. 


The orange bead is my favorite part.


To finish up the look I put on my favorite 
bright orange lipstick. 

In my book a bold lip is considered another fashion accessory.



*Keep scrolling for all the details of the #WWWLinkUp.


God Life Happy Wife




Hosted By:
                                                           
Sherri@God Life Happy Wife

Follow Sherri:

Follow Carrie:

What Wives Wear Link Up is a place for wives/moms 
to express their own personal style. 
Link up your favorite outfit post of the week. 
Get inspired while inspiring others!

We will meet and link up every Thursday

Each week the hosts will choose the Top Two looks 
to be featured for the next weeks link up.
Join us each week and we may just pick you!

This week's Top Two feature two beautiful ladies.

Cynthia is sharing her date night look with a 
white top and a black skater skirt.
She threw on some heels for style. 

You can never go wrong with a simple and chic
look in black and white.

Evelyn's colorful and comfy maxi dress is in a fun floral print. 
She brings out the color by adding a green cardigan.



Cynthia@My Rose Colored Shades

Evelyn@Evelyn Boutique
Link Up Guidelines:
1. Feel free to grab our button to display on your blog sidebar. Help spread the word and share about our link up community.

2. Follow your hosts. Leave a comment letting us know you are a new follower and we will be sure to follow back.

3. Share the love by visiting and commenting to at least three other blogs in the link up. 

4. Tweet about this! 
       
       


Now let's get linking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...