About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

10+ Wives Club:Yvonne


This week I have the honor to introduce you to Yvonne. 
Yvonne is a loving wife, mother, grandma, and friend. 
She is also my aunt-in-law. 

I am excited for the opportunity to share her marriage story.
I know her and her husband Willie have been married for 
many years, and she has wisdom that will bless us all.
Today I welcome Yvonne into the 10+ Wives Club! 
Please read her story below.



1. How long have you been married? This year in September my husband and I will celebrate 49yrs of marriage.

2. How did you both meet? I met my husband on the #49 bus.  
We were both coming home from work.

3. How many children / grandchildren do you have? We have 2 children, Kimberly & Kyle and 2 grand children Kyle jr. and Kiyah

4. What are your two favorite qualities about your husband?
My husband is very supportive and loyal to his family

5. What do you and your husband like to do for fun?
My husband and I enjoy traveling to the Caribbean Islands.  We love to go out to dinner at our favorite diner once or twice a week and we also look forward to our date weekend every year on Labor Day to Wildwood, NJ.

6. What is some advice that you would give to a newly married couple? Make your marriage a life time commitment that has an eternal goal to stay together.  A major key to every marriage is to be mindful that the husband and wife are one. They are not married to their children or to any other family members. They are married to each other. 
At times there will be differences however a couple should always be ready for reconciliation and never go to bed angry.  Always listen to each other.  Many times couples find themselves in trouble because they hear each other talking but they are not listening.  

7. What would you say is the key to your lasting marriage?
The key to the longevity of our marriage is our relationship with God and our commitment to stay together.

8. What would be one thing you would want others to remember about your marriage? I would want people to remember that my husband and I have a very enjoyable marriage.  

 



I hope you all were blessed by Yvonne's story. 
You learn something new everyday. 
I never knew Yvonne and Willie met on a bus.
That is the exact same way my hubby and I met. 

That is definitely encouraging to know that we 
have family that met the same way we did and they 
have been going strong for 49 years. 
I pray that my hubby and I are blessed to celebrate 
49 years of marriage, and even more.

Be Blessed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...