About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Family Road Trip:Baltimore Bound

This past weekend my family and I 
all loaded up into a van and hit the roads, 
heading to Baltimore for a family wedding.

My hubby decided to get a rental mini van, and
let me tell you I loved it. 

Compared to my two door broken down Honda Civic, 
this mini van was like a dream.

Lots of seating, lots of space, and a dvd player. 
The kids watched Frozen on the way there and 
Monsters University on the way back. 
We didn't hear a peep out them the whole ride. 


 Everything about the wedding was beautiful. 
The church, the service, the bridal party, the bride,
the reception, and especially the flower girl. 

I may be a little biased since it was my daughter, but I think
everyone agreed that she did great! I was so proud of her. 


We got there on Friday, the wedding was on Saturday, 
the next day Sunday, and we got together 
with the rest of the family to check out the harbor.

Before we went over to the harbor my hubby wanted to
take a trip over to his former college, Morgan State University.

We got a chance to walk around the campus,
and my hubby took me and the kids on a little tour.

I really enjoyed it, and it was nice to see my hubby 
reminiscing over the times he was a student there.

I also thought it was motivational for my son to see,
afterwards he began saying it was one of the colleges he was
now thinking about going to. 

At the harbor we first went on a boat tour, and got a chance 
to walk around inside the USCGC Taney.


This boat was constructed in 1935 and was in action against
Japanese planes during the Pearl Harbor attack. 
It is called "The Last Survivor of Pearl Harbor."

We ended our day by having dinner with the rest of our family 
at Phillips, which is known for their crab cakes.


I love seafood, but I actually didn't order the crab cakes. 
I decided to have the coconut shrimp, and crab mac & cheese.
I couldn't complain I enjoyed my meal. 

I did get a chance to taste my hubby's mini crab cakes, and
I did think they tasted delicious.

I love the opportunity to get away with the family, 
and just have some fun. 

We really did created some great memories 
this past weekend, that I know we all won't soon forget.

Have you had a chance to experience the sights in Baltimore?

Do you and your family like going on road trips?

Be Blessed!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...