About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Monday, June 16, 2014

Encouraging Our Children's Future

True or untrue? 
As mothers we are always looking out 
for our children and their futures. 

Now that we are at the end of the school year,
many of us are experiencing a new season.
Our children may be graduating and going off to college, 
and we want to give them the best advice we can.  

I have a while before I experience this, but I still 
give my children advice and encourage 
them when it comes to their success and future. 


From the time our children are very little we tell them
they can be anything they want to be.
We want to encourage our children's dreams.
Parents can be a child's biggest cheerleader.

Think about it. Here's a question to ask ourselves...

Do we want our children to be all they 
want to be, or everything God wants them to be?

Nothing is wrong with encouraging our children, but we must 
remember to encourage them first and foremost to seek God's purpose for their lives.

Honestly it doesn't make us a bad parent if we don't teach our children that they can pursue anything they want in life.
It teaches them the importance of seeking God's will for their lives.

Another question we often ask our children is 
what do you want to be when you grow up?

Our children may have good plans of what they want to be,
or as parents we even have our own ideas of which 
direction we want our children to go, but think about this...

Do we want a good plan for our children's lives, or a God plan?

We can have good plans for our children and their future, 
but God's plans are always the best plans.

This is one of my favorite verses because it gives such hope that
God is in control and He wants the best for us.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a  future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11



Do you ultimately seek your plans or God's plan for your children?


Do you find it hard to let go and trust God when it comes to their future?


Here's a prayer that can help us ask God to trust Him for His will for our children.


Dear Lord, you know how much I love my children, and want what is best for them, but I also know that you love them more.You see the full picture and I can only see a piece, so please help me to trust in your will for their lives. Also help me to encourage my children to first seek your plans for their lives, because you created them so you know what is best for them. 
In Jesus name amen.



Be Blessed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...