About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Friday, January 24, 2014

Book Review: Wife After God By Jennifer Smith



Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!

                                            


I felt honored when I was accepted for the opportunity to review the book 
Wife After God.  This is a 30 Day devotional book for wives by Jennifer Smith, better known to the blogging community as Unveiled Wife.  

I am already a follower of  the Unveiled Wife blog, and I am very familiar with her openness in her style of writing, so I was looking forward to reading this devotional. 

Now to be honest with you I have talked about in the past how I am not an avid reader.  When I do read I like to read a good book, that by the end I feel like has changed my life.  Especially since it often takes me a little longer to read through an entire book. I don't know about you, but I find myself getting distracted and then reading over the same chapter again. 

I decided I wanted to get through this book in the proper amount of time. I mean let's not forget it is a 30 Day devotional, how hard could it be? I think as soon as I thought this I set myself up.

So the question is did I get through this book in 30 days?

"No"... it took me a few days longer.  When I got distracted and missed a day I made sure to get right back to it.  I definitely took the time to focus on each day and what I was reading.  I made sure to pray about what I learned so I could fully benefit from the lesson God was teaching me.  

What I loved about the book is how it starts off with a prayer from the Unveiled Wife.  This makes it feel so much more personal.  You can feel the heart of the Unveiled Wife, and her purpose of this book. 

The book definitely takes you on a journey.  You have to be willing to accept it if you want to experience the fullness of its intention.  

Each day includes a focus verse to read, along with a thought, and then a prayer.  In order to take you deeper  there is also a challenge, status update, and a journal question.  

Personally I prefer devotionals that give me a challenge.  It's like a call to action, which allows me to apply what I learned to my life.  This is the only way I can truly see a change take place.  

I did enjoy reading through this book and now I am thinking of passing it along to my sister, who also desires to be a wife after God.  

I just wanted to say thank you to Jennifer Smith(Unveiled Wife) for taking the time and pouring out your heart to write this book. It has changed my perspective on marriage, and how to be the wife God desires  for me to be.  

If you are interest in more information or want to pick up your own copy of the book click here.








14 comments:

  1. A well written review. I can't say much about the book, since it's not my religion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda Thank you for taking your time to reach out to me. The books focuses on drawing closer to our husbands in order to build a strong marriage. I know personally it helped me to take the focus off of how I wanted my hubby to change and realize that through changing my actions and mindset he was more willing to do the things I desired. I also realized that it's not just about me but about us. Since it is a daily devotional it allows you to refocus each day no matter how bad you did the day before. I appreciate us connecting. ~Sherri

      Delete
    2. I promise to share this testimony all over the world once my boyfriend return back to me, and today with all due respect i want to thank DR.Kasee for bringing joy and happiness to my relationship and my family. I want to inform you all that there is a spell caster that is real and genuine. I never believed in any of these things until i loose my boyfriend, I required help until i found a grate spell caster, And he cast a love spell for me, and he assured me that I will get my boyfriend back in two days after the spell has been cast. two days later, my phone rang, and so shockingly, it was my boyfriend who has not called me for past 4 years now, and made an apology for the heart break, and told me that he is ready to be my back bone till the rest of his life with me. DR.Kasee released him up to know how much i loved and wanted him. And opened his eyes to picture how love much we have share together. As I`m writing this testimony right now I`m the most happiest girl on earth and me and my boyfriend is living a happy life and our love is now stronger than how it were even before our break up. So that`s why I promised to share my testimony all over the universe.All thanks goes to DR.Kasee for the excessive work that he has done for me. Below is the onimalovespell@yahoo.com Are you undergoing a heart break, and I assure you that as he has done mine for me, he will definitely help you too. that is his email address ONIMALOVESPELL@YAHOO.COM

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review! I love your comment "Personally I prefer devotionals that give me a challenge. It's like a call to action, which allows me to apply what I learned to my life. This is the only way I can truly see a change take place." Change doesn't just happen with thought - it happens with ACTION!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa Thanks for visiting my blog. I am always looking for change. Whatever brings me closer to God, but honestly it's not always easy. I am glad we were able to connect.~Sherri

      Delete
  3. Hi Sherri, appreciate the review, and connecting with a like minded blogger.
    love Sandra @ Sandra's Ark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra I appreciate you reaching out to me. I will be visiting your blog and I'm glad we were able to connect. ~Sherri

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a nice book. I'll admit, I'm not really a devotional person. I just like to read the Bible because it has so much in it and I gain so much from it. I also stick with the KJV because I've learned about the versions and have studied which ones don't have changed meanings or interpretations in it. Thanks for sharing this opportunity with us at Countdown in Style! Don't forget to stop by Friday to see if you are featured! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brittnei thanks for reading my post. Personally I need a devotional to help me figure out what direction to go in when I am reading the bible. I also find that many times God uses the devotionals to speak to me. I have learned a lot through reading my devotionals every morning. Also I saw that you are having a Pinterest Giveaway. That is awesome! I am looking forward to that. I will definitely be promoting it. I hope to talk to you again real soon. ~Sherri

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the review of the book. I read a devotional book every morning and I am always looking for something new that is motivating. I have read the Donna Partow books becoming the Woman God Wants Me To Be and Becoming the Woman I Want To Be. Both are really good daily reading books and they give you some actions you need to take or things to write down and scriptures to memorize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberlee thanks for visiting. I have never heard of those two books, but I will have to check them out. They sound very interesting. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad we were able to connect. ~Sherri

      Delete
  6. I'm working to get into reading again. The hours in my day just seem to be shorter than others. This book looks like a good book to add to my reading list. Thanks for sharing and linking up with Countdown in Style! Don't forget to come back on Friday to see if you were featured!

    ~~April~~
    100lbCountdown.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me girl I know the feeling. That's one of the reasons why it's so hard for me as well. That's why I like devotionals. They have short chapters to read each day. Thanks for visiting and I appreciate your comment. I hope we can stay in touch. ~Sherri

      Delete
  7. I promise to share this testimony all over the world once my boyfriend return back to me, and today with all due respect i want to thank DR.Kasee for bringing joy and happiness to my relationship and my family. I want to inform you all that there is a spell caster that is real and genuine. I never believed in any of these things until i loose my boyfriend, I required help until i found a grate spell caster, And he cast a love spell for me, and he assured me that I will get my boyfriend back in two days after the spell has been cast. two days later, my phone rang, and so shockingly, it was my boyfriend who has not called me for past 4 years now, and made an apology for the heart break, and told me that he is ready to be my back bone till the rest of his life with me. DR.Kasee released him up to know how much i loved and wanted him. And opened his eyes to picture how love much we have share together. As I`m writing this testimony right now I`m the most happiest girl on earth and me and my boyfriend is living a happy life and our love is now stronger than how it were even before our break up. So that`s why I promised to share my testimony all over the universe.All thanks goes to DR.Kasee for the excessive work that he has done for me. Below is the onimalovespell@yahoo.com Are you undergoing a heart break, and I assure you that as he has done mine for me, he will definitely help you too. that is his email address ONIMALOVESPELL@YAHOO.COM

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...