About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Friday, January 3, 2014

Getting Organized

Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!



Okay ladies it's time for me to get organized, not that I haven't said this before, but now I have all the necessary tools.  One of my goals for 2014 is to be more organized in all parts of my life, especially when it comes to my homemaking duties.  I have seen various bloggers mention it, so I decided to start using a family planner binder.  

I have never been a person that followed a schedule. I don't even like making a to-do list.  Which tells you why it is time for me to start using this family planner binder.  

My hubby on the other hand, likes to write down lists, or he uses different apps to keep himself organized, and he has often mentioned to me that I needed to do the same.  With a family of four, ministry, among other responsibilities, I need to have something in place that will keep me organized on a daily bases.  Trying to remember everything and keep dates straight is just not working.  

Also I never thought I would say this but, I would like to be more on top of the house cleaning and grocery shopping. I think using this binder will be a big help. 

So after putting it all together here is how it looks.



I started by Googling family planners.  After going through a few options, I decided on some free printables from blog.worldlabel.com.  They offer a variety of organizational worksheets and labels for your home management binder. 

The pages I decided to download for my binder include:

  • Dates to remember
  • Today is the day
  • Get it done
  • This week
 

 

They make it all very easy to access, and that was key for me.

In the beginning of my binder I included my family mission statement.  This was important to me because it keeps me focused on my goals for my family. The mission statement is what my family represents.

This is my family's mission statement:

To love and serve God with our lives always giving Him the glory
Committing our lives to following the Word of God
Remembering to act and speak with love to everyone at all times
Using our God-given talents to share the love of God with those around us
Being good stewards of our time and resources that God has given us
Living each day in unity, uplifting one another, and respecting each other




In my binder I have five sections that I separated with dividers. These are the main areas I want to focus on when it comes to being more organized.  The section labels are:
  • Cleaning schedule
  • Grocery List
  • Meal Planning
  • To-Do list/Schedule
  • Blogging
I am ready to put this binder to use.  I pray with God's help I can become more organized in my home as well as my family life. 

I'll keep you updated on how it goes!



Do any of you use a family planner binder?

How do you feel about organization and your household duties?




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...