About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Friday, January 17, 2014

Happy Birthday Daddy!



Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!



Today my family is excited to celebrate a milestone in our family.  It's my dad's 70th birthday.  It's hard for me to believe my dad is 70 years old today, especially since he doesn't look 
his age.  

I'm sure there are days when he wakes up with aches and pains, and feels like he is 70 years old, but over all I'm sure he would say he has lived a good life.

My dad has three children.  I am the youngest(Daddy's little girl), and he has nine grandchildren.  I know everyday my dad thanks God for his family, and he is very proud of each one of us.  

My dad has overcome many obstacles in his life, and he was able to make it through.  He is a great man of God, as well as a great dad , and grandfather. 

I look forward to getting together tonight with family and friends to celebrate his special day!

Today is also another special day for my hubby and I.  On this day seventeen years ago, I sat down on a Greyhound bus next to what eventually became my future husband.

That was the best seat I ever sat in because it was truly ordained by God, though I didn't even know it at the time. 

He and I began a conversation about colleges that lasted the whole ride to Baltimore, Maryland.  This is where he got off to go back to his college Morgan State University.  I was riding with my mom, and we ended up getting off in Washington DC.  

Our story of how we met is an interesting one, that I will definitely share in another blog post. I never would have known on that day if I fast forwarded I would be right where I am today.  

I am so thankful that God's ways are not our ways.  

The one thing that I have learned about having a relationship with the Lord is that, He works in our lives, even when we don't even know it. 

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose  for them.  Romans 8:28

Be Blessed!








How does your family celebrate birthdays?


4 comments:

  1. Sweet words, Sherri :-)
    I hope your dad enjoyed his birthday!
    I am so pleased to meet you :-)
    I am inviting you to visit me here http://shesclassic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kath I appreciate you reaching out to me. It is a pleasure meeting you as well. I visited your blog and Iove your pics. By the way my dad was completely surprised and we all had a great time celebrating his birthday. I hope we can continue to keep in contact. ~Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherri! So happy to be connecting with you through SITS. And I'm very happy to be in your tribe :->

    I hope your dad had a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann I'm excited about our tribe too. Thanks for reaching out to me. My dad did enjoy his birthday, and thanks for asking. Talk to you soon! ~Sherri

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...