About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Monday, April 28, 2014

Tag You're It:Off To Pluto Tag

Blogger tags are always so much fun. 
It's a chance to know more about my favorite bloggers.

Plus it's a great way to let you know 
a little more about me.


Last week I was tagged by 
Brittnei from 

The tag is called
Off To Pluto
Now don't ask me about that name.
I have no idea what it's all about.
Brittnei told us to visit Jhanis from the
Vanilla Housewife blog to figure it all out. 
I was more confused after reading that. Haha!
Maybe it was an inside joke.

Any who on to the questions.

1. Are you named after someone? No, not that I know of. I almost was named Kelly after my Dad's boss. That would have never worked. Don't I look more like a Sherri?

2. When was the last time you cried? Last Saturday when I was with my daughter at our church's mother-daughter lunch. We were praying together and I was just so overwhelmed with the moment. I can admit I am very sensitive. I have a reputation of being a crier. 

3. Do you have any kiddos? Yes! I have a tween and a preschooler. My oldest son is 11 years old and will be 12 in August. My baby girl just turned 4 in the beginning of April. They are truly so special, and loving. I'm not just saying that because I'm their mother. 
It's really true. I'm blessed.



4. If you were another person, would you be a friend to yourself? 
I would have to say yes, because I try to be as supportive as possible when it comes to my friends. My goal is to show the love of Christ in all of my relationships. 

5. Do you have a guilty pleasure? I have already admitted my addiction on Instagram but right now it's definitely chocolate chip cookies. Originally they were bought for my daughter's snack but I totally have taken them over. I dip them in milk and just can't resist. 

6. Do you like your handwriting? Yes, I think overall it's pretty legible. What do you think?



7. What's your favorite cereal? This one is easy. Honey Nut Cheerios. I can eat them all day everyday. I have been known to have a bowl or two for dinner. 

8. What is the first thing you notice about people? Their outfit, especially if they're looking fierce. I guess it's the fashionista in me. I'm always looking for inspiration.

9. What is your eye color? Dark brown. In high school I did wear light brown contacts for a while. I was always very honest though, I never pretended they were real. 

10. Scary movie or happy endings? Definitely happy endings. I am a sucker for happily ever after, especially if it's a love story or about a family that get's reunited. Don't forget I'm emotional, so I love that kind of stuff. There may even be some happy tears.

11. Favorite TV show? I get in these phases where I won't watch a lot of TV and then I'll get hooked on a show and that's all I will want to watch. Recently I was up watching a 19 Kids and Counting marathon with the Duggar family. I used to watched the show a while ago, but now I began to DVR the episodes again. I really respect their strong faith & family values. They have some episodes that address the issues of courting and relationships that I wanted my son to see. It's so important for our kids to see that it's not impossible to follow God and His word. 



12. Summer or winter? I'm a summer baby so team summer all the way! Though I'm beginning to appreciate the beauty of the spring.

13. Hugs or Kisses? Honestly I'm not a very touchy feely person but I've learned to be better when it comes to giving hugs. So I guess I'll say hugs. Now if we're talking about my hubby or kids then it's both!

14. What's the farthest you've ever been from home? Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to do a lot of traveling, so I would have to say Negril Jamaica for my honeymoon. My hubby has done a lot of traveling for his job so I vicariously live through him. I'm looking forward to doing some traveling once the kids are grown and gone.



15. Do you have any special talents? My mother is Deaf so I am fluent in American Sign Language. I also sign worship in my church and was part of a traveling sign choir when I first started attending my church. I don't really consider this a talent since signing is just the language I use to communicate with my mother and other Deaf people. I do recognize how God has used it as a ministry in my life to inspire others, so I am thankful and give all the glory to Him.



16. Where were you born? I was born and raised in New Jersey. I still live in the same town I was born in. 

17. What are your hobbies? Right now my main hobby is blogging. Since I started blogging I have really started to love photography. I began doing a little research to be more skilled in it. I also have always loved fashion, so I have this fancy sewing machine that I need to figure out how to use, and then I can start sewing. I would love to make outfits for me and my daughter.

18. Do you have any pets? No, they don't allow pets in my apartment complex. Plus I'm not good at taking care of pets anyway. My daughter has been asking for a fish. That may work!

19. Favorite movie? Coming to America. I love comedies and this is one of the movies I can watch over and over and still laugh, even though I already know what they're going to say. 


20. What color is your car? Red. I had my car for years it's a 1999 floor model Honda Civic. It's a two door with rollup windows, and everything is slowly falling apart, but it's been through so much and lasted. I have named it Percy, because it truly has persevered through a lot. Accident, stolen and got it back, repossessed and got it back(I know I was a bad girl in my early 20's), and let's not forget the abuse of my kids. Percy is a trooper!

21. What do you want to be when you grow up? Honestly I just want to be an example of Christ in all that I say and do. 

For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you. John 13:15

This was so much fun! I hope my answers give you 
the opportunity to know me just a little more. 

If there are any other things you want to know 
about me feel free to ask in the comments.

Be Blessed!





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...