About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

What Wives Wear: Stripes & Florals

I told you all on my last shopping adventures 
at the outlets I picked up a few striped pieces.

I just can't seem to stay away from the stripes.

So get ready for some more stripes.

This week I wanted to show you how fun it is
to mix two prints, stripes and florals.

Florals are back in a big way this spring, 
so why not mix it up a bit by throwing in some stripes.

Some of you may be thinking this is crazy,
but a good way to make this look work is by staying 
in the same color family with both your prints.

This first look all came together when I spotted this shirt.
As soon as I saw the shirt I knew I had to have it.
Then when I found these wedges in the same store, 
the wheels began turning and the results were this outfit.







Shirt:Charming Charlie's, Skinny Jeans:Old Navy, Shoes:Charming Charlie's, 
Necklace:Gifted(Annesterw Etsy shop) Bracelet:Mother's Day gift, Earrings:Thrifted


This second look just happened one hot spring day.
I wanted to wear something cool, and comfortable.

I threw on this maxi dress but soon realized 
I didn't have any flats to match, until I looked over at
my floral slip-ons. Perfect!


Dress:Faded Glory, Shoes:Authentic American Heritage, Earrings:Thrifted

Have I convinced you to try out stripes and florals?
If you're not ready to jump all in start off small 
with a belt, purse, or shoes.

Be Blessed!



















Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...