About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Don't Forget Where You Came From

Yesterday was Mother's Day and I am feeling blessed.
I love my family and I am so thankful for the 
opportunity to be a mother.

Mother's Day is the day as a mother I get to really
think about what a privilege it is to be a mother.

I can think about my life and how God has really 
called me to this position as a mother, 
and I wouldn't change it for anything in this world.


Often times God will give us a chance to really think 
about all that He has given us, and those are the times we need 
to be thankful and humbled for all that the Lord has done.

Sometimes God brings us so far from where we once where, 
that we may forget who we were, and where we came from.

We can even begin to think that all that we have or all 
that we have overcome was by our own abilities.

We must never forget where we came from.  
All the struggles and trials that have made us stronger. 
It builds up our faith.

I remember in the past when I was a young single mother
trying to figure out where God was leading me. 

I struggled with my self esteem and didn't 
have much motivation.

That was not too long ago. Now God has brought me 
to a new place, and it's all through Him and has nothing 
to do with any of my own efforts.

I could so easily think back and say, 
"Look how far I have come."
I have a family, a home, a blog. 

These things are all great but they are just the evidence 
of how God has worked through my life.

There is only one thing that I can say that I did that
contributed to all my blessings, and that was making the 
choice to hear God's word and obey it.

Even that took a while for me to follow through with.
It was a journey of obedience and disobedience that
ultimately  made up the story of my life. 

A journey that I am still on but now I have decided that
obeying God is my number one goal.

I can't forget my past, and how I got to where I am now.
I will always be thankful and humbled by the place God 
has brought me, and excited for where He is going to bring me.


Three important steps to help us remember where we came from:

1. Surrender-We must surrender all to God in order for Him to bring us to where He wants us. When we hold things back we are blocking Him from working in our lives. 

2. Humility-We have to remember that it's God working through us, it has nothing to do with our own efforts. Don't get caught up in the enemies attempts to make us prideful and arrogant.

3. Obedience-Once we fully hear and obey God's word we are opening the door for Him to completely transform our lives.


Be Blessed!





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...