About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Friday, October 11, 2013

31 Days of Sharing God's Love Day 11 Our Words


Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!




Although I know I serve an awesome God, I am still always in amazement when He works in my life.  I try to live a life of expectancy by always anticipating the miracles of God's hands working through my life.  Undoubtedly God will do something or reveal something that will have me completely overwhelmed, and I LOVE IT!  I think about how He sets up situations in my life, and then ties it all together allowing me to learn a lesson about His Love.  Just thinking about it brings a smile to my face.  

Just in the last two days God has really been speaking into my heart about the power of our words. He has shown me how words can effect others as well as how we think about ourselves. Our words can give life or cause death.  When we base our thoughts on Jesus and His Word it allows us to speak words of life. Into our own lives as well as the lives of others. The bible is filled with scriptures on the importance of our words. It is definitely an area that God feels we need to constantly we reminded of. 

The tongue has the power of life or death, and those who love it will eat of its 
fruit. Proverbs 18:21

Yesterday at church I was able to be a part of one of the girls ministries classes.  The teacher was teaching on self esteem and God esteem.  She shared about how negative words that others say can stick in our brains.  Eventually after too many times of this happening our brains are filled with the negativity, which can block out the voice of God in our lives.  We also can begin to believe those negative things about ourselves.  At the end of the class the teacher presented a great visual of two jello brains.  One brain was filled with all the negativity that kept sticking to it.  The other brain was clear and free of the negativity.  The negativity was replaced by God's Word.

The teacher taught the girls that as Christians we have to be different, and share the Love of God with others.  We can do this by speaking encouraging words to each other.

Then today in my weekly women's bible study God confirmed this message to me again.  In bible study every other week we have a video teaching.  Todays teaching was on hearing the voice of God.  It talked about how we must know and believe His truths, and how to break down the strongholds in our lives.  I learned that strongholds are constant thoughts in our minds that are contrary to the Word of God.  The only way we can break down these strongholds is by speaking the Word of God.  We must replace those negative thoughts with God's truth. Many times it's important to speak life into ourselves.

At the end of our video teaching our group got together to have a discussion.  One lady in my group is the mother of another lady in the group.  She recently joined the group after moving in with her daughter.  She began to share with the group about her stronghold of loneliness and fear of being alone.  She knew these feelings were not of God because she had recently moved in with her daughter's family.  She realized that she needed to replace these thoughts with God's Word on a daily bases.

After our discussion I immediately felt God putting on my heart that I needed to go share His Love with her.  God reminded me of the lesson that He had just revealed to me.  I felt led to approach this lady and speak life to her.  While we were cleaning up I approached her.  I shared with her that, "I appreciated her sharing what was on her heart with the group."  I also told her that, "I was glad that she had become part of our group, and that often times when she shares I am touched by her words." We continued to talk a little more, and then she thanked me for sharing what I did with her.  We ended our conversation with a hug.  Afterwards I thanked God for using me to be able to share His Love with this lady.  I also was truly thankful for the lesson He had taught me through it all.

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
Ephesians 4:29

Have you ever recognized a stronghold that God had revealed in your life?

What are some ways that God allows you to speak life into others lives?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...