About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

31 Days of Sharing God's Love Day 13 Day of Service


Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!


This is an  opportunity to serve God through serving others Jesus proclaimed.  
"I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine you did for me."  Matthew 25:40

Today my family was able to be part of "service for service" at our church.  This was a day that as a church we gave up going to service in order to serve the community.  It was an awesome experience to be part of a group of over 1,000 volunteers.  Some of the services provided were going to nursing homes, gardening, yard work in local homes in need, street evangelism to the children, and washing cars. It was truly a self sacrificing experience. Having the opportunity to be the hands and feet of Christ is how we can show others about His Love. 

It was great day but I am pooped! Honestly it felt good to work hard for someone else. Here are a few pics from the day. These are pics of me and my kiddos. My son Amari working(his hard work made mommy proud), alongside another family from our church.



 





                   














Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...