About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

31 Days of Sharing God's Love Day 15 Family Time


Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!



The one thing I love to do is getting together with my family.  These days as my kids are getting older and becoming more involved in other activities, having quality "family time" is getting harder and harder.  There are so many distractions out there.  I have to work harder to make "family time" a priority.  

This is definitely something that God has put on my heart, for my family.  The time God gives us together as a family is so precious.  It is an opportunity to have fun, grow closer, and create memories.  Most importantly it is a time to share God's Love.

Here are some activities you can do together as a family:

1.Family Story Time-This is a great way to get creative while spending time together.  Children can use their imaginations to add small details to the story.  Write out your story makes it fun, You can even have the children draw pictures to illustrate the story. Think about adding in details such as bible characters.  

2.Scavenger Hunts-Kids always love to go on a hunt, so this should be easy.  Base your hunt on a bible story that your kids are familiar with.  Set up clues that included bible scriptures.  At the end of the hunt the kids can find a treasure that you filled up with all types of goodies.

3.Make a family documentary-Create an opportunity to share your life and family traditions with another family.  Try to contact your church and find out the information for a missions family.  Then capture on video a day-in-the life of your family.  You can even include pictures in your package to send. 

4.Game night-What can be better than playing games with your kids?  Playing bible games.  You can go online here and get all the information and printables for games such as bible trivia, bible match, bible word find, and bible charades.  The key to having fun with this is to keep it light and fun, avoid any serious competitiveness. 

Remember the goal is to have quality "family time." So put away all electronic devices so instead of your family looking like this





You can look like this.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...