About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

31 Days of Sharing God's Love Day 29 Courageous


Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!



We were made to be courageous 
and we're taking back the fight 
We were made to be courageous 
and it starts with us tonight 
The only way we'll ever stand 
is on our knees with lifted hands 
Make us courageous 
Lord, make us courageous

These are the words I heard as I drove in my car today.  This song is titled "Courageous" by the band Casting Crowns.  As I listened to the song I began to be inspired by these words.  God created us to be courageous.  When we become His child we receive His power and authority.  God goes before us and makes a way, when there seems to be no way.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.  Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.  
Joshua 1:9

This verse made me think about sharing God's Love with others.  God's Word clearly says not to be frightened.  This is what He commands us, so why are there times when I feel afraid to share His Love with others?  As a believer I know God has given me the authority to go and make disciples of all nations.  That also means the enemy has an opportunity to interfere with the work of the Lord. Satan will cause us to have feelings of discouragement, embarrassment, and fear.  All these feelings are lies, and cause us to forget exactly what God's Word tells us.  

In order for us to build ourselves up in the Lord it is important for us to do two things:
  1. First we need to study and meditate on God's Word. This is our defense against the enemies attacks.  When we have God's Word stored in our hearts, it allows us to discern when Satan is trying to feed us lies.  Then we must speak God's Word out loud as our weapon of defense.  It's the best defense we can have.
  2. Secondly we need to pray.  Seek God and ask Him to give you the strength and boldness  you need for all circumstances.  Pray that the Lord goes before you anytime you have feelings of fear and discouragement.  
When we equip ourselves with the tools that the Lord provides, we are then able to be courageous, sharing the Love of God with others freely.


What does being courageous mean to you?

How has God allowed you to be courageous in your life?



*This video is from the soundtrack of the movie "Courageous" (2011)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...