About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

31 Days of Sharing God's Love Day 12 A Servant's Heart


Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!



I'm always looking for opportunities for my family to serve.  So last month, when my church presented to the congregation that we were having a day of service, I was completely motivated for the opportunity.  I couldn't wait for the chance to take the focus of myself and my family's needs in order to give to a family who may have greater needs.  

As moms we always desire for our kids to be kind, and giving to others.  We even teach them to develop the characteristics of Jesus.  I have learned that the best way to do this is to live it out in our own lives.  That way it is not only talk, and we are truly living a life of service.  Not only is this pleasing to God, but it allows our children to experience a lifestyle, that they eventually become accustom to. 

Now I know living a lifestyle of constant service is not always easy.  We often see missions families and hear their stories.  We admire their dedication to serving others, but God does not call every family to the mission field.  This is something that God has taught me.  Since the time I accepted the Lord I have always had the desire to go on a missions trip.  I have even imagined what it would be like to serve in the missions field as a family.  I know that right now that is not a possibility for my life, but it is always a desire in my heart. Then one day God helped me to understand it all a little better.  He showed me that my mission field is here.  I interact with many different people everyday. I don't even know know if they all know about the Love of Jesus.  I realized that I had all the opportunity in the world to serve others right here where I am at.  In my home(my first mission field), at my kid's schools, at the supermarket, throughout my community.  I know now that if it is God's Will for me, there will be an opportunity to travel and serve in another country.  

In so many ways we can serve our community and reach their hearts for Christ.  It is all in the way that we do it.  It doesn't have to be in a big way.  Even though many times there are big needs.  Remember God is in control.  All we need to do is serve with the heart of Christ.  It is hard for others not to see Christ's Love shine through us as we serve. 

As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace.  1 Peter 4:10


Tomorrow is the big day with my church.  I'm excited for all that God has planned.  Check back tomorrow when I will share about our day of service.

Here are some pics of my kiddos a few weeks ago, when we went out to hang door hangers about the day of service, in our neighborhood. 



 











Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...