About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Friday, October 25, 2013

31 Days of Sharing God's Love Day 25 A Wife's Prayer


Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!




Over the last few months God has really revealed to me the importance of the ministry that He has called me to serve in.  I know right now God has put me in a position as a stay-at-home mom and a helpmate to my husband.  This is my ministry.  There is nothing more fulfilling than serving my husband and children each day.  This is the family God has blessed me with, and I love them with all my heart.  God has taught me how to have joy in my everyday tasks of being a stay-at-home mom.  I am truly thankful for God allowing me to have this life, because I know it is not a calling that he has given to every mother or wife. No matter what calling God has put on your life, whether it is in the home or outside the home, it is all equally important in the eyes of the Lord.  

Each day I pray for God to allow me to be more diligent in ways to serve my husband.  I make sure that I pray for him on a daily bases.  Recently God has convicted my heart for this specific area.  God has shown me that as a wife, I need to pray fervently for the needs of my husband.  We must remember that God allows us to uplift our husbands with our prayers.  Wives have a calling to fight for our husbands on our knees.  Our husbands need our prayers as much as they need air to breathe.  

As we fill ourselves up in the love of the Lord each day, we then can share that love with our husbands, through our prayers.  We must not take lightly the divine privilege it is to pray for our husbands. Communicate with your husband to know which areas he needs to be prayed for. While you are praying ask God to reveal to you certain areas that need prayer.  

Here are just a few of many areas that you can focus on while praying for your husband:
  1. His heart to be completely surrendered to the Lord
  2. His relationship to continually grow closer to the Lord 
  3. He would grow in God's wisdom
  4. He would be a strong spiritual leader 
  5. His faith would increase
  6. He would be a Godly example at home and at work
  7. He would be in good health
  8. He would trust God when providing for his family
  9. He would stand strong against the world and it's temptations
  10. His prayer life would be strengthened
  11. He would be obedient to God's will
  12. Serving God would be his first priority
Ladies please join with me to be the prayer warriors that are husbands need us to be.  Praying for him is the best way you could love him. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...