About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Monday, October 28, 2013

31 Days of Sharing the Love of God Day 28 Love Through Obedience


Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!


When I began this challenge of 31 days of sharing God's Love, I had a plan in my mind.  Different ideas of how I wanted to share God's Love with my family, friends, neighbors, even strangers.  One of the ideas was to do something special for my hubby.  I thought I could surprise him one night with a fancy dinner of his favorite foods, and just love on him.  That was a good plan right? What better way to share the Love of God with my man.  Then days went on, and I was being the busy mom that I am, and none of those fancy plans actually happened.  Shame on me for being a naughty wife, so how was I going to share God's Love with my favorite guy?

One day last week I was sitting and thinking about my hubby and our relationship.  God began to speak into my heart saying to me "send him a text message letting him know how you feel."  
Now lately I have tried to work on immediately obeying God's voice, even if I don't understand His plan.  I have learned in the past that doing this is always the best choice.  I began to send my hubby a text saying that I was so thankful that he comes home to me every night.  I also told him that I was praying for him and his work situation.  I ended the text by telling him that I will forever have his back.  I could tell that He was touched by my message because he responded back  saying, "Awwww thank you I love you!"

Later that evening when my hubby came home from work, he began to tell me about the stressful day he had.  While we were talking I immediately understood what God's plan was.  God wanted me to send that text message and pray because my hubby needed it at that moment.  He was having a rough day and needed to know that his wife had his back.  

God truly had his back and He just used me for His plan.  That day I was so thankful, that I decided to obey my Lord, and share His Love with the one I love.  

"Why do you call me Lord, Lord and not do what I tell you?"  Luke 6:46

Once again God taught me a true lesson.  It is not about my big plans to share His Love with my husband.  All I needed to do was be willing to obey and God will take care of the rest.  God is good...all the time!

What lessons has God taught you about obedience?

Do you need God's help to remain obedient?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...