About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

31 Days of Sharing God's Love Day 9 God's Love for Teachers


Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!






Lately I have been really thinking about the people in my life, that I need to share the Love of God with.  I'm always praying that God gives me opportunities to share about Him with those around me.  The problem is I don't always recognize when God is presenting me with those opportunities.  

Recently I really felt that God wanted me to share about Him and pray for my children's teachers.  God not only put this on my heart, but just like the faithful God that He is, He set up a way for this to happen.  One of the ladies from my weekly bible study decided she wanted to start a Moms in Prayer group. She shared with us how God had put this on her heart a few years ago, but out of fear she hesitated and felt convicted about it. Now she decided to push away her fears and obey the calling that God had put on her heart and that's where it all began. Isn't it so perfect how God set it all up that her timing and my timing to follow His leading fell right in line together. God makes no mistakes, and nothing is by coincidence. We meet once a week for a focused time of prayer for our kids, their schools, and the teachers.  I was SO excited to be part of this group, because I know the importance of praying for the teachers each week.  These are the people that spend a majority of the day teaching our children, and many times these teachers may not have a relationship with the Lord.  That's what we are praying for when we get together each week.  

Sharing the Love of God with my daughter Sanai's teachers is a little bit easier, because she goes to a Christian pre-school.  Also I am familiar with most of her teachers from when my oldest son Amari attended the school.  I often times talk about God in my life or about praying with her teacher during the morning drop-off time. Which by the way, I love getting the 
opportunity to do.  

The challenge for me is how I do the same thing with Amari's teachers.  Amari is in middle school now and he goes to a public school.  I don't even have as much interaction with his teachers as I do Sanai's teachers, so that definitely makes it a little harder.  Also I do have to admit in the past I did feel slightly intimidated about sharing my faith or beliefs with Amari's teachers.  Lately God has been revealing things to me in small ways and giving me the opportunity to be bold and share what I believe with the teachers.  Now I'm not talking about coming across as this crazy Christian mom that is preaching at the teachers...well unless I felt God was calling me for that.  So far it seems to be in more subtle ways. I realized that I may be the only Christian that some of these teachers have ever met. So who am I to feel hesitant to share His name. I recognize the responsibility I have to represent the Lord that I serve. 

Here are some examples of how I have been stepping out in faith when it comes to this area. I wrote a note to one of Amari's teachers, talking about him staying after school to receive extra help, in order to get caught up on some work.  In the note I added that I was praying for Amari to have a successful year.  In the past I would have replaced the word "praying" with "hoping." I also plan to email another teacher that has been a big support to Amari this year, and let her know that we prayed for her in my Moms in Prayer group. I did get a chance to meet this teacher at back to school night, and she was very friendly.  She even shared with me a little bit about her family.  After that night I recognized the opportunity that God was presenting to me.  Now I just need to do my part.


In whom we have boldness and access with confidence with our faith in Him. 
Ephesians 3:12


Lets pray that we continue to be obedient to those opportunities that God gives us to share. I'm sure I'm not alone when it comes to having those feelings of intimidation.


How do you feel when it comes to sharing your faith with your children's teachers?

What are some ways that you have shown you boldness for sharing about the Lord?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...