About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

31 Days of Sharing God's Love Day 10 Worship music


Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!


The one thing I LOVE to do is worship God through music.  I know sign language and have been completely blessed to have the opportunity, to sign worship at my church.  When I'm able to sign and sing, and I block out everything else around me, that is when I truly enter into worship.  I know that music is one of the many tools that God uses to allow us to worship Him, but honestly we don't even need music to worship Him. The worship comes from our hearts.

Many worship songs and their lyrics allow us to relate to certain feelings towards God or about ourselves.  That is why they can bring us to a place of worship.  This is also why music is a great way to share the Love of God with others.  One simple song can completely describe exactly what is in our hearts, or what we may want to say.  A song can give us the words, when we may not know what to say.  This is especially useful when we are sharing God's Love with those people in our lives that don't know Jesus.  

Worship songs are often times inspired by the Word of God, so the lyrics are filled with His 
truths. Nothing is more pleasing to God then when we are singing out His Word.

Like me, I'm sure you have many songs that are considered your favorites.  There are so many beautiful songs out there about Jesus and His Love for us.  Try to take an opportunity to share them with someone who may need to hear the truth of God.  In my car I only play Christian music.  Some time last year, after God had laid it on my heart, I decided that songs that uplift God is all I wanted to hear.  So I declared to my son Amari, from that day forward I would keep my radio on the Christian station.  Thank God that is where it has stayed since then.  Even when someone who may not be a believer comes into my car, the radio station doesn't change.  I am actually happy because I know that person is being ministered to.

This song is beautiful and the chorus is so simple.  The song touches my heart and soul every time I hear it.  This should be the cry of every believer's heart.  I pray it takes you to a place of true worship, and then go share it with someone else.













Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...