About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

31 Days of Sharing God's Love: Day 2 Unexpected plans

Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new.
Please check out My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!



If you're anything like me you don't like when unexpected things pop up in your day. Especially when I already have my day planned out.  Now I am not a person who sticks to a strict schedule. I have my icalendar that I follow.  I only use that because, if I didn't I wouldn't remember a thing (Honestly even with that I forget things.)

Yesterday was one of those days that I had too many things scheduled to do.  I was trying to figure out how I was going to do it all.  I was going about my day trying to accomplish one task after another. My Mother then reminded me that I said I was going to help her pick out new prescription sunglasses. Now initially I wanted to tell her "Sorry Mom, I'm too busy today. We can go another day." In my mind I was thinking why would she ask me to help her today, when she knew I had a busy schedule.

Then I realized my first  problem was that I scheduled too much stuff in one day.  I didn't even go to God to see if it was what I should be doing.  In that moment I was humbled because God reminded me that it wasn't about ME, or MY schedule. It was about HIM and serving Him by showing His Love to others. At that moment I knew exactly what I needed to do.

A person plans his way but the Lord directs his steps.    
Proverbs 16:9

So I went with my Mother and helped her pick out a new pair of sunglasses, and we had a great day together.  God even allowed us a chance to sit and talk while having breakfast. God had to set me straight just as He always does.  After I put myself aside and God first, I was able to share God's love, by helping my Mother when she had a need.

Now as far as the list of chores that I had to complete, God allowed me to get it all done and still spend quality time with my Mother.


How do you feel when unexpected plans pop up on your already busy day?

How do you deal with it?

Come back tomorrow for Day 3 of the 31 Days of Sharing God's Love series. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...