About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

31 Days of Sharing the Love of God Day 16 Just One Of Those Days


Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!



How do you share the Love of God when honestly you just don't feel like it?  That would be me yesterday.  It was just one of those days.  I know we all have them.  It all started when I was late for an appointment because my GPS decided to have a mind of its own.  When I woke up in the morning everything was fine.  I thought it was going to be just another one of those sun shiny days, until I was sitting in the car praying over my GPS to start working again.  It did start to work again and I got to my location.  When I arrived at my appointment even though I was fifteen minutes late, the person I was meeting with, greeted me with a smile.  She was very kind and even asked if I wanted any coffee or tea.  At that point I was still all flustered and was trying to just get myself to settle down. 

As the day went on I seemed to just not feel like myself.  On the outside no one would have known.  I made sure I put on a happy face so no one could have suspected, but inside I was trying to work on getting my attitude in check.  If I had the opportunity I would have just gone home and went back to sleep.  

Then it was after school time and the homework began.  I was helping Amari with his homework but it just seemed like it was never going to end.  Now I was already trying to work on my attitude. Amari kept coming into my room with more questions and this study guide for his test tomorrow, and at that point I knew I needed to take a breath, and pray for some patience.  So that is just what I did.  In my mind I kept thinking, today is day 16 of sharing God's Love...how was I going to share the LOVE?

At that moment I decided to stop having a personal pity party.  I took my focus off my bad attitude and my bad day, and put it on my son who needed just a little extra patiences out of me today.  Thank God I had already prayed just for that, and God was giving me just what I needed.  

After my much needed attitude check I finished homework with Amari, and the kids were off to bed.  I took care of a few things around the house and, I finally was able to slip into bed just as I really wanted to do all day. As I got into the bed my wonderful man looked at my face, and he must have known the kind of day I had.  He then gave me a big hug and some extra kisses.  
How did he know it was exactly what this girl needed?

We must remember when we experience these type of days to stay focused on Jesus. He will give us all the peace that we need.

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.  Isaiah 26:3

We must also remember not to let the enemy get us so caught up in our situations that we forget to even seek Jesus.

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.  Matthew 7:7

Also when we do have just one of those days no matter how often it is, we must not condemn ourselves because we are a work in progress, and we serve a loving God. 


How do you deal with those type of days?

Is this your type of day everyday?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...