About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

31 Days of Sharing God's Love Day 24 Love Your Enemies


Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!


But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, pray for those who abuse you.  To one who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from one who takes away your cloak do not withhold your tunic either.  Give to everyone who begs from you, and from one who takes away your goods do not demand them back.  And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them...    Luke 6:27-36

In God's Word we are called to love our enemies.  This is not always easy to do.  Our nature causes us to react in a total opposite way.  How do we share God's Love with a person when we consider them an enemy?  God knows that we are unable to do this in our own strength.  When we give complete control to the Lord, He will change our hearts.  

All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation.  2 Corinthians 5:18

We also read in God's Word that we must first forgive our enemies before we offer our gifts to the Lord.  We must avoid anything that hinders our relationship with the Lord. 

Remember we serve a loving God that forgave us of our sins, and only through Him can He give us the ability to show forgiveness and share His love to others.

How have you shown God's Love to your enemy?





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...