About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

31 Days of Sharing God's Love Day 20 Baptized


Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!


Today was a really great day at church.  It was Baptism Sunday.  There were people there of all ages getting baptized.  I was really touched after each person shared their story, of why they wanted to be baptized.  It is so amazing to me how God works in each one of our lives in such different ways.

During the service there was one family that got baptized and their story was truly touching.  
First the daughter was baptized.  She shared about her love of the Lord, and how she wanted to follow him with her life. Then the father came and began to share about how the Lord completely changed his life and restored his marriage, and he was so thankful.  In the beginning of service the pastor announced if anyone felt led they could come and immediately get baptized.  At the end of the service after all the people were baptized, the mother of this family decided she wanted to get baptized as well.  The mother came up and shared her story.  She talked about when she came to the church she was a single mom and really struggling.  She also shared that God was with her through it all, and she was able to get back  on her feet.  Then God brought her husband into her life.  After she was married she and her husband experienced struggles in their marriage.  Now after they were separated  God brought their family back together.  Today they were all baptized together as a family.  Their story was extremely inspiring.  It just proves that God work all things together for His good.

Watching all the people made me think about when I got baptized, and all the feelings that I had at that moment.  I made the decision to get baptized when I was pregnant with my son.  It was a really awesome experience.  God commands us to be baptized. Jesus even set the example by being baptized himself.  When you are baptized you are publicly declaring your love of Jesus.  What better way to share His Love. It is an opportunity to share with others your testimony and about how much God Loves us.  When you are baptized you never know who is watching and may be impacted by your story, and your step of faith.  

And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized  and wash away your sins,  calling on his name .  Acts 22:16



Have you taken the step to be baptized?  If not I urge you to pray for God to touch you heart and become baptized.

What has God shown you through your own personal baptism experience?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...