About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Thursday, October 3, 2013

31 Days of Sharing God's Love: Day 3 Good Morning

Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new.
Please check out My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!







I was so excited when we decided that my daughter Sanai was going to start pre-school this year.  Especially when we signed her up for the same Christian Day School that my son Amari graduated from.  I love this school.  Both Amari and I have fond memories of being there.

A couple of weeks before school started I brought the kids there, so I could fill out all the paperwork, and be ready for the first day.  Amari was getting very sentimental about everything that he saw.  He began reminiscing about the classrooms, playground, and even the teachers.  The one good thing was the same teachers were still there, so Sanai would be having the same teachers as her big brother.

Sanai started school and she did great.  She just loves being around other kids.  She is a real social butterfly.  She looks forward to school everyday and of course that makes momma happy.  Each morning we have our routine. After Dad goes off to work, and Amari leaves for the bus stop, it's then time for Sanai to go to school.

In the morning for drop-off the school has a very friendly atmosphere.  Teachers say,"good morning."  Parents say,"hi" to each other.  It's very welcoming.  A few days ago I began to notice a parent who does not say,"hello" or "good morning" when we pass each other.  Regardless of his reaction I continue to say, "good morning." He just looks at me but does not speak to me.  I do not know what is going on in his life. I don't know why he chooses not to respond.  All I can do is continue to show him kindness and the Love of God.  I realized that I may be the only example of Christ's Love that he may see. Initially I was a little offended that he would not speak back, but God had to speak to me.  God helped me realize what my job is, as a follower and believer of Christ.  I need to just show His Love and, let Him take care of the rest. So that is what I am doing now regardless of the outcome.

We have to learn as believers we may not always see the results of our efforts.  We must do it not for ourselves, but for the Lord.  I will continue to share the Love of God with this man each morning by greeting him.  I will also be praying for him.  I look forward in seeing how God is working in him.  Maybe one day he will speak and surprise me.

Have you ever had an experience like this?

Come back tomorrow for Day 4 of the series. See how God is working in the everyday encounters.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...