About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

31 Days of Sharing God's Love Day 22 Prayer


Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!



When we think about sharing the Love of God with others, one of the most important ways of doing this is with prayer.  We must always remember to seek God first.  Then with the help of the Holy Spirit we can share what is on our hearts.  This is especially important when we are sharing with those that do not know the Lord.  We are Christ ambassadors, we represent Him.  How could we possibly share about Him if we are not filled up in Him.

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth. 
Acts 1:8

I make it a priority to pray to God every morning.  Honestly I could barely function without having my "God time."  Having the time first thing in the morning to read my bible and pray is SO important.  There are times when I have one of those crazy mornings.  The next thing you know I'm thinking to myself, I didn't even pray this morning.  I do not even have to wonder why my morning started off so crazy.  As soon as that happens I immediately pray.

My prayer time is focused on communicating with God.  When we communicate with God it allows us to draw closer to Him.  I just talk to Him like a friend, and then I take time to let Him speak to me.  I quiet myself before Him, because it is not just about me running down my list of needs. Of course God wants us to present Him with the needs on our hearts, but we have to allow Him to be able to give us our answers.

When we take time to do this, we are preparing ourselves to be the ambassadors that God has called us to be. These are some things we can pray for:
  1. Opportunities to share with others
  2. God to touch people's hearts
  3. God to use us and our families to reach out to those in need
  4. The ability to have hearts and minds like Jesus
  5. Against the attacks of the enemy
Praying with others is also a powerful way to share God's Love with them.  When you pray with someone, God uses you to reveal to them, the loving and powerful God that you serve.  

God allowed me an opportunity to experience this in my life.  Before my daughter was born I worked at a Deaf school as a teachers assistant for six years.  One year I became friends with a new girl that started working in the same classroom as me.  At that time in my life I was not as bold when it came to sharing my faith.  One day I began sharing with her about the church I attended. We had a nice conversation and she shared with me about her life and church.  After work as we were going home, she asked me to pray with her, so I did.  Then one evening I invited her to come with me to an event at my church.  She was willing to come and had an opportunity to meet some of my family and friends.  God was working in her heart that night, because before we left she had prayed for the Lord to come into her heart.  I was so excited for her new life with the Lord.  We remained friends and she slowly began to change her life and serve the Lord.  Fast forward to today and she truly is my closest sister in Christ.  She is a strong Christian wife and mother, with a new little one on the way.  Both of us have grown a lot in Christ and in our own personal lives.  We always know that we will pray for each others families and support one another no matter what.  Only God could have known that my awkward prayer with a co-worker that day would have led to this.  I'm so thankful that God used me for His great plan.  

How has your personal prayers allowed you to be used by God?

Do you take time to pray with God each day?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...