About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Monday, October 7, 2013

31 Days of Sharing God's Love Day 7 What does God's Word say?


Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!


Today is Day 7 for our 31 Days of Sharing God's Love Series. After the first week God has helped me recognize the importance of sharing His Love in small ways everyday.  When you have the true Love of God in your heart you want to share it with others.

Now I want to know what God's Word says about sharing His Love.  One of the most popular bible verses talks about God's Love for us.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16

We have learned through His Word that God is Love.  We cannot share His Love with others unless we abide in Him. I talked about this in DAY 1 of this series. Check it out.

So we have come to know and to believe the Love that God has for us.  God is Love, and whoever abides in Love abides in God, and God abides in him. 
1 John 4:16

One of the greatest things is God's Love is not something that we have to earn.  It is a gift...
a FREE GIFT. That we don't deserve but God has given it to us because, His Love is SO great. Now through  His gift we can have eternal life. We can never receive a gift that is greater 
than this. 

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus or Lord. Romans 6:23

Before Jesus left this earth He gave us a call to action, to teach others about Him.  In His Word this is known as The Great Commission.  We have been commanded to teach and share the Love of God with all of those that don't know Him.

Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go.  When they saw Him; they worshipped Him; but some doubted.  Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth is give to me.  Therefore go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.  And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:16-20

Not only must we share God's Love with those that don't know him but also with everyone around us.  Family, friends, neighbors, and even strangers.

This command seems so great, but how do we do this in an everyday practical way?  This past week God has shown me that even a stay-at-home mom like me can fulfill this command, of sharing God's Love.  Even on a daily bases.  I have learned that all it takes is small ways of sharing kindness.  Through these small acts others can then see God's Love shine through you.  When you leave yourself open for these opportunities God can use you for His Glory.

Have you taken the time for yourself to study God's Word about His great Love?

I hope like me, you are overwhelmed at God's Love for us?

What are some ways God has used you to share His Love with others?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...