About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Monday, October 21, 2013

31 Days of Sharing God's Love Day 21 Fruit of the Spirit


Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!


I'm driving along minding my own business when the car behind me speeds up, and cuts me off. Now I guess I was not driving fast enough for his liking, but the question is how am I going to respond?  Naturally I feel my temper rising  as I am riding behind this car.  Now I am a good little Christian mom, so I am not going to shout out any choice words or give any obscene gestures.  That would just be unacceptable, but the other driver was wrong.  Couldn't I just drive up next to him at the stop light and give him a stern look?  Just to let him know that I was unhappy with what he did.  Plus it would make me feel so much better.

Sharing the Love of God, that is the journey I have been on.  Since I have been on this journey God has really been working on me. helping me to develop my fruit of the spirit.  Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.  It seems like a lot right?  The fruit of the spirit is developed as we go through difficulties in life and continue, with God's help, to treat people the way He would.  We must stay strong, and remember the world is watching you.  They need us to be the example of what God's Love looks like.

So back to my story, as I am driving behind this car that just cut me off, my emotions are beginning to rise.  Immediately God humbles me and I decide not to do a thing.  I actually turn up my Christian music and begin to sing.  When I get to the point where I am right next to this car, I don't even look his way.  I continue to sing my song, and slowly pass around him as he makes a left turn.  

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.  Romans 12:2

I realize that these type of situations have come up a lot in the last few weeks and it always comes down to me making a choice to put aside my emotions and humble myself.  I am proud to say that is exactly what I have done, and it really feels good.  Trust me it's not always the easiest choice, but it is the right choice.  The more I humble myself the easier it gets.  Sometimes it is stronger to not do or say anything then to react off our emotions.  That is what sets us apart as believers.  

I think of Jesus and His ministry.  He was treated horribly, lied on, betrayed, persecuted, even crucified and He continued to show love.  When we depend on Him he allows us to do the same.


How do you react in testing situations?

Have you allowed God to develop your fruit of the spirit?







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...