About Me

My photo
Welcome my name is Sherri. I am a follower of Jesus. I have been blessed to be the wife to my best friend Markiel. I am a mother to my tween son Amari and my preschool daughter Sanai. By God's grace I have found true joy in serving my family in our home. Even amongst all the everyday craziness I know this where God has called me to be. I learn something new everyday. I also recently became a part time bible teacher at my daughter's preschool. So I have the best of both worlds.

Friday, October 18, 2013

31 Days of Sharing God's Love Day 18 Relationships


Hi, thanks for stopping by.  I know you must be new here, because I am new. Please check out 
My Story to get to know me better or subscribe here. Welcome!



Over the last few months God has really been showing me the importance of relationships.  He has revealed to me the people in my life, that are really encouraging to my spiritual life.  As believers it is so important to have people in your life that you can go to for spiritual advice and prayer, maybe even as a mentor.  We must always support one another in our walk with the Lord.  

I recently learned about this concept in my bible study.  It's called the ministry of Eli. I learned that we must seek the counsel of a wise, more mature believer who can discern God's leading in his or her own life. The ministry of Eli comes from the bible in 1 Samuel 3, where we read that Samuel was a young boy that ministered to the Lord under Eli.  Eli was an older more mature believer that instructed Samuel, when Samuel was being called by the Lord.  We all need to have an Eli in our lives.  It's a person that we can go to in the good or bad times and we trust that they will give us Godly advice, and even pray for us.  This person doesn't necessarily  have to be mature in age but it's important for them to be mature spiritually.  

There are so many people that I can say have influenced my spiritual life, but the one person that God has really been revealing to me is my mother.  If you know my story my mother was the person that originally shared the Love of God with me, when I was living a life without the Lord.  She continuously prayed for my salvation.  I always say she prayed me into the arms of the Lord.  Ever since then she has always prayed for my family, supported me spiritually, and lived a life of example to me.  

Now after many years God has allowed me to fully appreciate the importance that my mother has in my life.  He has allowed us to have a closer relationship through our personal journeys with Him.  The one thing that I love is that we can pray with each other and no matter what I know that we both have a common goal which is to serve the Lord with our lives.  My mother's example has taught me how to be a Spirit-filled wife and mother.  That is an example that I pray I will pass on to my daughter.  I will always be thankful that God allowed her to share His Love with me, and not only did she share it but she lived it out for me to see.



Think about that person God has raised up in your life. What do they mean to you?

How can we allow ourselves to be that person in someone else's life?


My mother and I.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...